So, I ordered the Mustang wheels on Summit today. According to them, the wheels should be in before the end of the month, but they're being shipped by the manufacturer so who knows how long that will take.

Ironically, the salesman from THMotorsports called me today to see where we were at with regards to the Enkei wheels as he felt bad he was still sitting on my money. I told him I already disputed the charge last week. He told me I didn't need to and they would have given me a refund on the spot. I told him I called and left a message 3-4 times to see if he checked the availability of the wheels and got no response. He said he was going to give me a full refund that should be in my account by tomorrow and that he was going to try to make it up to me by marking down the wheels even more. I told him I made a purchase with Summit already and if that falls through, I'd give him a call. He felt really bad but understood and told me he was going to really mark down my next purchase as he felt really bad about this miscommunication on this one.

I wouldn't know what to get. Maybe racing seats or a smaller steering wheel? The guy sounded like a nice guy through the whole process and it honestly seemed like he just got sidetracked in the Black Friday hustle.