Quote:

it appears the body has minimal "side to side" reinforcement such as a full attached floor pan would provide. how are you attaching the body to the chassis, and how is the floor attached ? for my humpback, i am wanting the floor panels to plug weld to the chassis with the cage, and then attach the body to the cage in a perimiter[ think vw floor pan] fashion, with the door jams bolted to several tabs welded to the cage main hoop and dash bar to insure door alignment stays in place.

Eric,
We are both trying to achieve the same goals. That part of the build has complicated things a great deal. I have had some good help with that planing, and we will see how it works out.
The body mounts to four points on the chassis at the front and rear of the rockers, and then at the rear crossmember of the frame. The mounts are solid, but there is room for shims if needed. The doors on this car have adjustable (encapsulated) mounting plates that allow me to move the doors quite a bit, probably a much different arrangement than what you are dealing with?
I am planning on the frame mounts pulling the body back into the same shape as before removal.
The floor pans were fabbed to mount to the tops of the frame rails. Originally we were going to plug weld them, but, instead I am using some stainless steel strips to clamp them to the frame with button head bolts. I may also use a very thin two sided tape to try and reduce vibration. I am fairly sure this car will have more than it's share of rattles!
I think that your plan will work Eric, but my opinion is worth what it costs!
Thanks for the kind words. I am really trying to get this thing together.

Mark

well mark, you said a mouthfull when you said it sorta complicates things a little with our thoughts on body mounting. to be a little more specific, at this time i have the body mounted to 4 points at the doors. this is to frame mounts at the front and rear of the door openings at the rocker panels[ more specifically, where the rockers will be when fabbed]. it will also recieve 2 chassis mounts at the bottom of the cowel for the front mounts. at the rear of the body, there will also be 2 chassis mounts at the bottom of the rear door opening. the double rear doors will be welded together and hinged so the door will then open ala mini-van style[using the hinges and latch mechinism from my old 95 caravan. i will also be using the roof panel to fill in the top of the humpback]. the tubs will be welded to the body with flanges to attach to the chassis at [however many] points to be detirmined. the cage attaching points i mentioned will be tabs welded to the door jams at the knee bar/down tubes directly at the latch point, and the main hoop[door pillar post] at both hinge areas[ there were originally 3 hinges per door, but as the height reduction was so severe, the middle hinge was removed]. the remaining area[s] around the firewall and rocker panels will have several bolts[most likely 1/4-20 button heads] attaching that tinwork to the chassis. the center portion of the floor, including the tunnel, will be welded to the chassis. anyway, that's the plan....... geeze a guy hasta thimk SO far ahead....... [ my head is ready to go POOF ! ][gotta get my camera figgered out
your painted chassis REALLY LOOKS GOOD !!!!!