Hi everyone!

I am new here, but have been around awhile. My current project is not quite what I would call a street rod, more of a cruiser - It is a 1956 Dodge Sierra wagon that I found in the CA Bay Area.

It looks like it spent some time underwater before being yanked out by the front bumper.

I drained about 4 qts of sea water out of the 270 Poly and another 2-3 qts of water out of the PowerFlite.

I stripped the wagon down to the basics and have replaced the kingpin front end with a ball joint front end from a 82 Olds Delta 88 - nice fit with the Dodge frame.

The engine and transmission (5.7L Hemi and 5-45RFE) from a 2005 Durango rollover - basically a drop in - adapted the stock Durango engine mounts and modified the stock 56 rear crossmember to fit the 545RFE tailshaft.

Had an aluminum gas tank fabricated to replace the rusted stock tank and made it a tad wider so that I could install the stock Durango fuel module. I had planned to use the stock Durango PCM and wiring harness but had to throw in the towel when I could not defeat the built in security system. Bought a new PCM and harness from Hot Wire Auto which solved all my problems.

I am just starting to strip the old paint and removing the rust from the body panels so that I can get them sealed with epoxy primer prior to tackling the body work.

The remaining major fab work will be installing a four bar 9" Ford rear axle so that I can air bag the rear, with ShockWaves on the front. I also need to fab mounts for all of the Durango seats as well - another really great fit!

It will be finished out with 18" Torque Thrusts and a Viper Red over Black BC/CC paint job. The interior will be Red/Black ultra leather.