Moparts

Time to show your streetrods or rod projects

Posted By: Mopar Ron

Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 12/14/08 12:04 AM

Its been awhile since we have had a thread showing our cars or projects. so heres where to post what ya got now

here is my squattie Truck and then my race truck project and my 42 COE(car hauler) then the radical,radical COE.
well thats enough from me

now show your cars and trucks.....

Squattie:

Racetruck:

42 COE(will be turned into a car hauler}:

Radical,Radical COE:
Posted By: beesting

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 12/14/08 04:36 PM

my 38 dodge the drive train is out of a 82 mirada and the front end also has 360 in it bed shorten 9" just need to get back on it so i have a different pic

Attached picture 4878483-Picture014.jpg
Posted By: AZ_A12_BEE

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 12/14/08 06:08 PM

My 37 Plymouth truck, no plans for it yet, has 289 Ford/auto in it now

Attached picture 4878675-206_0658(Large).JPG
Posted By: RUMBLON

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 12/14/08 06:24 PM

My 1938 PLYMOUTH business coupe. Its a roller but actually VERY straight. I am actually heading out today after my daughter's birthday party to cut what little rust is in it out of it and start fixing it.

My plans? A 5.7 HEMI, mustang II style front with a rack and make it a driver that will go cross country.
Dave

After it hit home!

Of its parts/ all there

NOW, cab is down to bare metal
Posted By: B1arno

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 12/14/08 08:11 PM

This is my 34 Plymouth. Oops, I mean Dodge. I was told it was a Plymouth and have since discovered it is a Dodge. 392 Hemi, A833 4 speed, 8 3/4 rear. Gears yet to be determined.

Arno

Attached picture 4878927-34HemiPlymouth.jpg
Posted By: 36PLYM

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 12/14/08 08:23 PM

36 Plymouth coupe, 318, 518 trans, 8 3/4 rear. Original straight axle with disc brakes and rack and pinion cross steer.

Attached picture 4878945-IMG_3846.JPG
Posted By: 36PLYM

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 12/14/08 08:24 PM

36 Plymouth

Attached picture 4878950-IMG_3845.JPG
Posted By: RUMBLON

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 12/15/08 12:42 AM

Quote:

This is my 34 Plymouth. Oops, I mean Dodge. I was told it was a Plymouth and have since discovered it is a Dodge. 392 Hemi, A833 4 speed, 8 3/4 rear. Gears yet to be determined.

Arno

Nice, where in No-cal?

Dave

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 12/15/08 12:55 AM

Quote:

Arno

How do you get it titled if you dont know what it is? Any tags? My truck has one

Attached picture 4879502-206_0655(Large).JPG

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 12/15/08 01:09 AM

[
How do you get it titled if you dont know what it is? Any tags? My truck has one

It does have a tag. I just didn't know how to decode it until recently. It does not have a title so I am expecting to jump through some hoops whem I get it closer to road worthy.
A

Attached picture 4879542-rollerrockers.JPG

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 12/15/08 01:17 AM

Nice, where in No-cal?

Dave

Thanks Dave! I'm in Redwood city. Halfway between San Fransico and San Jose.

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 12/15/08 01:35 AM

Quote:

[

It does have a tag. I just didn't know how to decode it until recently. It does not have a title so I am expecting to jump through some hoops whem I get it closer to road worthy.
A

You should get it titled now, it doesnt have to be a running vehicle to get a title only, do this before you invest $$ into it, too many times people have lost cars after fixing them up, stolen car reports are never purged from NICB

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 12/15/08 01:50 AM

I tried to title it when I first got it. It is kind of a catch 22. In order to get a title, it had to have insurance. In order to get insurance, it had to have a motor and trans(which it did not at that time) and needed to be closer to a running car. I want to get it a little further along before I try again. Steering, seats, and pedals should do it.
Arno
Posted By: anhourlater

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 12/15/08 01:54 AM

here is my lawnrod 32 plymouth.

Attached picture 4879661-DSC02285.JPG

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 12/15/08 02:05 AM

Quote:

I tried to title it when I first got it. It is kind of a catch 22. In order to get a title, it had to have insurance. In order to get insurance, it had to have a motor and trans(which it did not at that time) and needed to be closer to a running car. I want to get it a little further along before I try again. Steering, seats, and pedals should do it.
Arno

Here in Az you can get a title only no insurance required, you need insurance to register it to drive, are you sure you cant get a title only?, all my old cars have titles only

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 12/15/08 05:45 AM

Nice cars guys

keep the pics coming Ron....
Posted By: RTSrunner

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 12/15/08 06:45 AM

Moparron,
Is that COE in the side shot(the one with the headlamps)chopped?
Ron
Posted By: KGorney

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 12/15/08 12:30 PM

1949 Dodge Wayfarer 2 door - I am building a 360/727 combo for it. Working on the 12 volt wiring upgrade now.

Attached picture 4880332-49dodge1.jpg

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 12/15/08 04:15 PM

Quote:

Moparron,
Is that COE in the side shot(the one with the headlamps)chopped?
Ron

yes, it's chopped 3 1/2" and its sectioned 4"
it was going to be my radical toy but now its going to be my radical car hauler and the other COE is going to be the toy with the blown 440 thats why I call "IT" radical,radical COE. Ron...

this is another shot of radical,radical.
its sets much lower than the first one

Posted By: black64

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 12/15/08 06:03 PM

Mine is a 40 ford but powered by a 392 hemi.

Attached picture 4880767-IM001607.JPG
Posted By: BobPer

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 12/16/08 12:05 AM

1936 Dodge, slow but sure.

Attached picture 4881376-1936bluehood0606.JPEG0002.JPG

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 12/16/08 02:25 AM

Chopped and sectioned!I thought it had a low profile compared to others I've seen.I myself have a coe,but it's not rod material,it's a '69 Dodge L-600 tilt-cab.Hope to make it a car hauler for my A-100 van
Ron

it was going to be my radical toy but now its going to be my radical car hauler and the other COE is going to be the toy with the blown 440 thats why I call "IT" radical,radical COE. Ron...

Posted By: leavitt4

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 12/20/08 06:46 PM

heress my newest baby wifes already jelous hahaha

Attached picture 4890942-jasoncar2.JPG
Posted By: leavitt4

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 12/21/08 02:28 AM

are those fiberglass doors you have on there and if so where did you get em
Posted By: 73ChargerSE440

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 12/21/08 04:22 PM

Hey Ron more pics of the radical radical ?

Adam
Posted By: BobPer

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 12/25/08 02:36 PM

Two of my other 36's. This coupe is chopped 2 1/2"

Attached picture 4900610-dodge36smaller.JPG
Posted By: rowin4

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 12/25/08 11:05 PM

Quote:

Chopped and sectioned!I thought it had a low profile compared to others I've seen.I myself have a coe,but it's not rod material,it's a '69 Dodge L-600 tilt-cab.Hope to make it a car hauler for my A-100 van
Ron

Ron, when you made he front fender inserts to make them smaller, what kind of a lip did you use, flat or rolled?

Posted By: stateline

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 12/26/08 03:13 AM

Almost an AMC , almost a mopar -1953 Hudson Hornet club coupe , 5.9 Mag. auto trans.

Attached picture 4901876-IMG_8259.JPG

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 12/26/08 05:46 AM

Quote:

Ron, when you made he front fender inserts to make them smaller, what kind of a lip did you use, flat or rolled?

my neighbor was making a baja bug and he cut up the rear fenders on a VW bug so I took the rolled lip and welded them to the coe front fenders Ron...
Posted By: Flipper1938

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 12/26/08 03:40 PM

Quote:

Quote:

my neighbor was making a baja bug and he cut up the rear fenders on a VW bug so I took the rolled lip and welded them to the coe front fenders Ron...

Damn! I guessed right!

The trailing side looked really VW to me.
Posted By: DusterKrazy

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 01/06/09 04:08 AM

Here's the '46 dodge Im working on. This is a mockup on the frame and yes it will sit way lower.
It' has a 318/904 and an 8.25 rear from a '74 duster.

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 01/07/09 10:29 PM

Hey DusterKrazy, is that a front clip from a duster on the front of the frame?

I have a 41 not sure what drivetrain/running gear I am going to use

Adam

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 01/07/09 11:54 PM

Quote:

Hey DusterKrazy, is that a front clip from a duster on the front of the frame?

I have a 41 not sure what drivetrain/running gear I am going to use

Adam

Actually it's the frame from a 1977 dodge d100 pickup that we cut 2ft. out of This seems
to be not a bad route to go as the late 70's dodge trucks are still cheap if you look around for them. Engine mounts are easy as well, already in place and the brake parts are reasonable as well. Good luck with your project!

The cab seems a little wide at first but once we fab up the mounts and get it channeled it will look just right
Posted By: dart4forte

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 01/23/09 05:11 AM

Quote:

Its been awhile since we have had a thread showing our cars or projects. so heres where to post what ya got now

here is my squattie Truck and then my race truck project and my 42 COE(car hauler) then the radical,radical COE.
well thats enough from me

now show your cars and trucks.....

Squattie:

Racetruck:

42 COE(will be turned into a car hauler}:

Radical,Radical COE:

Ron, I don't care what anyone says, thats a cool truck
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 01/24/09 02:47 PM

My old-school 49 Wayfarer is low tech and pretty slow, but it does have some vintage speed equipment - Edmunds finned aluminum head and Offenhauser dual carb intake. Wide white walls and baby moons. Still 6 volt. One modern concession was front disc brakes after I had nothing but trouble with the original setup. Also replaced the fluid drive with a conventional manual clutch setup from a 55 Dodge.

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 01/25/09 03:25 PM

Ron is squattie, or the Radical Radical runing the original frames, I have done research on my '41 wd- 15(3/4 ton) its 5on 5 bolt pattern. though about boxing the frame, any thoughts

On the Gearz tv show/ trucks they took and box the frame, that is the look I am shooting for.

http://www.gearztv.com/?em2048=97441_-1_...3=&ek=97441

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 01/25/09 04:44 PM

Quote:

Ron is squattie, or the Radical Radical runing the original frames, I have done research on my ' wd- 15(3/4 ton) its 5on 5 bolt pattern. though about boxing the frame, any thoughts

On the Gearz tv show/ trucks they took and box the frame, that is the look I am shooting for.

http://www.gearztv.com/?em2048=97441_-1_...3=&ek=97441

Squattie is on a 1989 dodge D50(mitubishi) chassis, it fit great, the back body mounts allmost lined up had to drill the holes in about 1" and the body mounts went right in

and radical,radical is on a early 90 toyota chassis for now but that may change

it depend on what you are doing with your truck and how you want it to look when done.

I like using later chassis on most of my stuff but a boxed stock frame work good too Ron...

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 01/25/09 05:03 PM

I have thought of the a 360 and the tranny from a Durango 9¼ Dana
Posted By: Carsavior

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 01/26/09 01:14 AM

Here's one that will probably not see a lot of progress real soon, but it is definately in line. 39 Dodge Cab and Chassis LOL-

Attached picture 4973488-001.JPG
Posted By: SNK-EYZ

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 01/26/09 06:52 AM

I started working on the 55 Desoto that I'm building for the G/Friend.

It needed the rockers and rear lower quarters welded up.
The plan is for it to be Purple and Silver, Her choice of colors.

It's getting a 318 Magnum and a 904 trans for the drive train.

She's going to be the one that does the interior.
She's into quilting and the upholstery thing is right up her alley.

She's helping with whatever she can, she wants to be able to say she helped build the car on it.
Posted By: FuryUs

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 01/26/09 10:51 AM

I'm thinking of starting a woody project with this
and/or maybe some of this. Any comments?

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 02/11/09 04:15 PM

Hi everyone!

I am new here, but have been around awhile. My current project is not quite what I would call a street rod, more of a cruiser - It is a 1956 Dodge Sierra wagon that I found in the CA Bay Area.

It looks like it spent some time underwater before being yanked out by the front bumper.

I drained about 4 qts of sea water out of the 270 Poly and another 2-3 qts of water out of the PowerFlite.

I stripped the wagon down to the basics and have replaced the kingpin front end with a ball joint front end from a 82 Olds Delta 88 - nice fit with the Dodge frame.

The engine and transmission (5.7L Hemi and 5-45RFE) from a 2005 Durango rollover - basically a drop in - adapted the stock Durango engine mounts and modified the stock 56 rear crossmember to fit the 545RFE tailshaft.

Had an aluminum gas tank fabricated to replace the rusted stock tank and made it a tad wider so that I could install the stock Durango fuel module. I had planned to use the stock Durango PCM and wiring harness but had to throw in the towel when I could not defeat the built in security system. Bought a new PCM and harness from Hot Wire Auto which solved all my problems.

I am just starting to strip the old paint and removing the rust from the body panels so that I can get them sealed with epoxy primer prior to tackling the body work.

The remaining major fab work will be installing a four bar 9" Ford rear axle so that I can air bag the rear, with ShockWaves on the front. I also need to fab mounts for all of the Durango seats as well - another really great fit!

It will be finished out with 18" Torque Thrusts and a Viper Red over Black BC/CC paint job. The interior will be Red/Black ultra leather.

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 02/12/09 12:50 PM

nice Cruiser Conrad, Welcome to the board!
Posted By: 4speeds4me

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 02/12/09 06:31 PM

Conrad...call me anal, but the 8¾ is equally as strong as the 9", if not stronger, and I can tell you from personal experience that an E-body unit is essentially perfect width for the 56. I used one in mine. You're going 4-link anyhow, so the spring perch issue isn't an issue for me (the only real work I had to do for installation).

My
Posted By: Ferlin

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 02/12/09 10:56 PM

My 37 Dodge, bought right here off Moparts a couple of years ago. 340, 5-speed Richmond, Dana 60 w/4.56, ladder bar coilovers in rear, Mustang 2 front end (out of junk yard). Clean car & has been a real cool project so far!
Ferlin

Attached picture 5020754-IMAGE246.jpg

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 02/12/09 11:01 PM

I modified & reinforced the original frame for the big tires & more power, I think it will hold together.
Ferlin

Attached picture 5020769-IMAGE113.jpg

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 02/12/09 11:10 PM

Not much of an interior as of yet (keeping it lite & simple) at least until I get tired of riding in a tin can & win the lottery.
Ferlin

Attached picture 5020785-IMAGE249.jpg
Posted By: RodStRace

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 02/12/09 11:47 PM

Great to see a couple new members that are into rods!
Conrad, are you up by Flagstaff? I pine trees...
Posted By: rabid scott

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 02/13/09 04:58 PM

Ferlin, that frame is awesome!! I love the fact you kept the center x-member and rear cross piece!
Posted By: RacerGofKGB

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 02/13/09 07:43 PM

That looks like a very cool project Conrad.

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 02/13/09 10:48 PM

Thanks, I did it to keep it simple & keep all the original body mount locations & the X worked out as a driveshaft loop.
Ferlin

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 02/14/09 01:13 PM

Ferlin, is that a Coronet parked beside the rolling chassis ?

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 02/14/09 02:18 PM

Quote:

Conrad...call me anal, but the 8¾ is equally as strong as the 9", if not stronger, and I can tell you from personal experience that an E-body unit is essentially perfect width for the 56. I used one in mine. You're going 4-link anyhow, so the spring perch issue isn't an issue for me (the only real work I had to do for installation).

My

Believe me, I a not a 709 fan, just working on a budget.

My original plan was to use the 9 1/4 from the Durango, unfortunately it was 6" too wide and I could not find anyone to narrow the housing. They would do 8" or 9" Ford, 10 or 12 bolt GM and the 8 3/4 Mopar but not the 9 1/4. A good friend of mine donated a spare 28 spline 9" that he was going to haul off to a swap meet.

I honestly would prefer using the 8 3/4 but havent been able to find one at a "friendly" price.

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 02/14/09 02:27 PM

Quote:

Great to see a couple new members that are into rods!
Conrad, are you up by Flagstaff? I pine trees...

Close, I am in Show Low which is at 6500' in the White Mountains of eastern Az. 2.5 hrs from Flagstaff, 3 hrs from Phoenix, 3 hrs from Tucson and 4.5 hrs from Albuquerque. - Basically in the middle of nowhere!

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 02/14/09 02:34 PM

Dan,
Forgot to ask, what flavor of '56 Dodge sedan do you have?
Posted By: 4speeds4me

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 02/14/09 05:24 PM

I have a 56 Dodge Crusader...but it's a Canadian Dodge, or "Plodge" as I have come to call them. Looking at it from the back it's a 56 Plymouth. From the front it's a 56 Dodge. Here's a pic of what it looked like when I got it. It looks pretty much the same now, as all the changes have been made under the skin. It had an old poly with 3 speed manual...now it's got an Eddy headed 360 and an 833OD. It's got a 1946 Ford ½-ton straight axle under the front, which is now wearing disc brakes, and the aforementioned 8¾ with 3.73's. For my other 56, I'm looking at a TT318...

Attached picture 5024577-56dodrtfrt.jpg

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 02/15/09 07:04 AM

Hello, new to this sit. Here is a picture of my street rod..It has a 241 Dodge Red Ram Hemi..I always wanted a hemi..
Duane.

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 02/16/09 01:36 PM

Plymouth chassis? Looks like it might be a 115" wheelbase. I have noticed that most non Mopar folks have a hard time telling a 55-56 Plymouth from a Dodge, your Crusader (Plodge) would really throw them for a loop!
Dare to be different!
Posted By: grizzley155

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 07/11/11 02:29 AM

this is my 41 plymouth project. it has a mopar 400bb.

Attached picture 6723146-415.jpg

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 07/13/11 10:58 PM

my 41 has a 400bb chrysler, with a 727 tranny and a b&m speed shifter. the rear end is from a 70 gtx 8 3/4 . the front clip is a 79 plymouth volare.

Attached picture 6728149-Picture001.jpg

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 07/15/11 05:16 PM

My '41, just put the 318 into it a couple weeks ago.

Attached picture 6731060-41Dodge.jpg
Posted By: DonnieLawson

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 07/16/11 02:03 PM

37 Dodge truck on a Ford Ranger frame. 440 with a Torque flight.
Noisy and fun

Attached picture 6732214-37DodgeNewTiresResized0004.jpg
Posted By: DonnieLawson

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 07/16/11 02:03 PM

Another

Attached picture 6732215-37DodgeNewTiresResized0009.jpg
Posted By: rattler

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 07/16/11 10:30 PM

Some have seen my 57 Dodge truck project. I am getting closer to being finished. I need to finish the interior and bed, but i took it out on to the blacktop today anyway. This thing is STUPID fast. It has a 512 and not much weight.

Attached picture 6732702-Photo06191326.jpg

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 07/16/11 10:33 PM

Engine shot

Attached picture 6732704-Photo06191339.jpg

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 07/16/11 10:34 PM

And one more of it's behind

Attached picture 6732707-Photo06191328_2.jpg

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 07/17/11 05:22 PM

view from front ,volare clip would be less exposed if i didnt have the tilt.clearance is tight.hope that helps tom.

Attached picture 6733590-Picture071.jpg
Posted By: fstfish66

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 07/22/11 06:37 AM

lots of kool new stuff here,,,glad to see theres still intrest in the old iron,,,
Posted By: Magnus_Jager

My 54 coronet - 07/22/11 02:03 PM

There is a relatively recent pic of the 54. Need to snap some more now that I got it out driving it.

Re: My 54 coronet - 07/22/11 08:03 PM

Quote:

There is a relatively recent pic of the 54. Need to snap some more now that I got it out driving it.

very nice,, and still has a cowl vent,,,
Posted By: Magnus_Jager

Re: My 54 coronet - 07/25/11 02:45 PM

Quote:

very nice,, and still has a cowl vent,,,

Anything to stay cool with no AC.. Got a little over a 100 miles on it after resolving most of the issues.
Posted By: wannadrag

Re: My 54 coronet - 08/05/11 02:59 AM

one i just picked up 30 A,mopar powered

Attached picture 6763622-MVC-072S.JPG
Posted By: headhunter

Re: My 54 coronet - 08/09/11 12:36 AM

i just traded my cuda for this im thinking about putting my 750 horse pump gas hemi in it or mayby a blown 440
Posted By: poorboy

Re: My 54 coronet - 08/09/11 01:10 AM

That would be a great place to put either the Hemi or a blown 440!
Gene

Re: My 54 coronet - 08/14/11 06:06 AM

Quote:

i just traded my cuda for this im thinking about putting my 750 horse pump gas hemi in it or mayby a blown 440

very kool,,,,whats under the hood now?? or shouldnt I ask ???
Posted By: headhunter

Re: My 54 coronet - 08/15/11 01:35 AM

350 cheby but it has ice cold air

Re: My 54 coronet - 08/15/11 09:31 PM

Quote:

350 cheby but it has ice cold air

i knew i shouldnt of asked,,,
Posted By: SNK-EYZ

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 08/16/11 12:52 AM

Kayse's 55 Desoto.

I need to get back on it, but moving to a new house has slowed all the car projects down.

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 08/16/11 02:44 PM

Quote:

Kayse's 55 Desoto.

I need to get back on it, but moving to a new house has slowed all the car projects down.

SWEEEEEET
Posted By: axle

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 08/27/11 03:51 AM

Very nice engine!
Posted By: jonesboys

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/08/11 04:08 AM

old black 33 plymouth coupe 360-727-8.75 rear 3000 miles looking for another project to put a big block in let me know what ya might have kj

Attached picture 6816039-IMG_0170.JPG

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/09/11 08:16 PM

Quote:

old black 33 plymouth coupe 360-727-8.75 rear 3000 miles looking for another project to put a big block in let me know what ya might have kj

WOW beautiful 33 ply,,,,and all the right running gear,,super nice ,,,more pics if you have them,,
Posted By: Hemi Allstate

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/10/11 11:18 PM

Mine is not a Mopar, But,,it is Mopar Powered!
I hope that qualifies for this thread?

It is a very, long term project, turned "Bucket List" item.

Attached picture 6820093-CopyofHPIM3007.JPG

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/10/11 11:24 PM

More recent picture of progress.

Attached picture 6820099-CopyofHPIM3433.JPG

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/10/11 11:33 PM

I am painting it apart then will reassemble it.
Also need to dyno the engine first.

Attached picture 6820109-HPIM3521a.JPG

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/10/11 11:38 PM

Rear shot.

Attached picture 6820116-CopyofHPIM3425.JPG

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/10/11 11:42 PM

Pre fitting of all parts.

Attached picture 6820120-CopyofHPIM5158.JPG

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/11/11 06:11 AM

Quote:

ide say yes sir it sure does,,,sure beats seeing GM powered rods,,,i like to refer to them as slopar,,, more pics of your way kool ride please

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/11/11 06:14 AM

Quote:

Pre fitting of all parts.

the hood scoop says it all,,,,,sweet

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/11/11 02:39 PM

Sweet ride!

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/11/11 06:55 PM

ide say yes sir it sure does,,,sure beats seeing GM powered rods,,,i like to refer to them as slopar,,, more pics of your way kool ride please

Thanks fstfish66 ,
I sure didn't want to offend anyone.

Hmmmmm....what pictures to show?

Attached picture 6821139-CopyofHPIM4931.JPG

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/11/11 07:15 PM

Thanks B1arno ,
I appreciate it.

Attached picture 6821177-HPIM2994.JPG

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/12/11 03:00 AM

Quote:

The car is looking great Mark
can't wait to see it finished...
it's amazing how long it takes for all of us to get our cars finished.... every thing else seams to get in the way Ron....

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/12/11 04:05 AM

it's amazing how long it takes for all of us to get our cars finished.... every thing else seams to get in the way Ron....

Thanks Ron,
Isn't that the truth! I have been fortunate to have a good buddy, that has been coming by to help me with the car. He has been a big help, and we are making progress! I need a wet sanding smiley!
If things work out to plan, the main part of the body will be painted this week!
I am looking forward to seeing you back on the race truck again! You make a lot of progress fast, once you get back on it! Mark

Attached picture 6822091-Dashpainting8-26-11#1.jpg
Posted By: 1OFNONE

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/12/11 02:09 PM

This is my current project.

Attached picture 6822414-Best.jpg
Posted By: CrAzYMoPaRGuY

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/12/11 05:29 PM

Progress pics look AWESOME.

I've been working on my (new) shop more than my cars for most of the last year, seeing your Allstate pics gives me inspiration and motivation.

Can't wait to see paint!

This isn't just a "MoParts" favorite for me, it's an all time favorite.

It looks gorgeous Mark!

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/12/11 05:33 PM

Here is mine for the last 8-9 months....

Attached picture 6822673-shopwall.jpg

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/12/11 05:34 PM

But I dug it out a couple weeks ago!!!

Attached picture 6822676-Venge.jpg

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/12/11 09:48 PM

Hey Marc,
If I can help motivate you to finish your coupe, I will find some more pics!
I need to do a bunch of work on the house too.
This winter should be good for your progress, now that you aren't building the "ship in a bottle" anymore. I am looking forward to some progress pics from you. What is next for your coupe?
That new picture of your coupe is my favorite. The stance is real nice.
Thanks for the kind words.

Mark

Attached picture 6823038-CopyofHPIM2999.JPG

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/12/11 10:18 PM

B1arno
CrAzYMoPaRGuY
Hemi AllState

three of the cars I really want to see done

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/12/11 11:09 PM

Quote:

Hey Marc,
This winter should be good for your progress, now that you aren't building the "ship in a bottle" anymore. I am looking forward to some progress pics from you. What is next for your coupe?

Mark

My Coupe I need to redo my floors in 18 ga because I don't like the feel of the 20 ga, then a little fabrication at the rear for trunklid surround and a little bit of bodywork.... should be ready for primer and paint.

There are soo many cool cars on MoParts, and on the internet... it's a car guy's candy store day in and day out.

I sure love reading some of the builds, not only inspirational but it's watching true artwork being formed in many cases....

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/12/11 11:10 PM

Quote:

B1arno
CrAzYMoPaRGuY
Hemi AllState

Well thanks for including me, but you better add your COE!!!

Posted By: moparx

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/13/11 02:22 AM

Quote:

Quote:

B1arno
CrAzYMoPaRGuY
Hemi AllState

don't forget ron's race truck !

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/13/11 02:55 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

B1arno
CrAzYMoPaRGuY
Hemi AllState

Oh damn I forgot moparx's radical humpback.
sorry about that..... love that truck.....

man there are a bunch of us that need to get busy

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/13/11 03:33 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

B1arno
CrAzYMoPaRGuY
Hemi AllState

man there are a bunch of us that need to get busy [/quote

And thanks for including me too Ron!
A lot of cool ideas and inspiration here, and like Marc said, it is an art form.

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/13/11 03:46 AM

Wow! Thanks for including me too Ron! I have been making progress and am planning on putting up some pics soon. I may have settled on a color. I was really drawn to the 2011 color Toxic Orange. Anyone else seen it in person? I think it would look cool on my 34.
Arno

Attached picture 6823805-granite003.jpg

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/13/11 04:39 AM

Nice looking coupe Arno!
What make of car had the 2011 color Toxic Orange? I want to look it up in my color charts.

Mark

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/13/11 05:01 AM

Oh Sorry. It is a Ma Mopar color. I've seen it on a Charger and a Challenger.

Arno

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/13/11 07:11 AM

I was thinking about that color for my coupe as well.
i also like the color stacy david used on his chevy PU called copperhead. Ron...

here is a write up on copperhead and the paint formula..
http://staceydavid.com/projects/copperhead

Toxic orange:

and copperhead:

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/13/11 04:56 PM

I really like the Copperhead color!!!
It would look great on Arno's coupe too!!!

Mark

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/14/11 01:38 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

B1arno
CrAzYMoPaRGuY
Hemi AllState

man there are a bunch of us that need to get busy [/quote

And thanks for including me too Ron!
A lot of cool ideas and inspiration here, and like Marc said, it is an art form.

i'll say i need to get busy !ron is a HUGE motivator when it comes to projects - he always has a bunch of 'em going on at the same time ! i've been working on the floor panels for the humpback, but the camera i have now is a real piece of junk ! the pics come out kinda fuzzy, and i've tried all kinds of adjustments but just can't seem to get it fixed or adjusted right. i hope i get to see these neat member projects completed ! a lot of talent here for sure !

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/14/11 03:27 AM

Quote:

I really like the Copperhead color!!!
It would look great on Arno's coupe too!!!

Mark

That Copperhead is awesome! I wonder if the local PPG store would mix it up for me?
Arno

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/14/11 05:42 AM

This looks close to the copperhead color.

Attached picture 6825660-39846_146272532065213_100000474019512_363618_906326_n.jpg

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/14/11 04:23 PM

Quote:

that car looks great in that color

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/15/11 01:37 AM

Quote:

Quote:

that car looks great in that color

and the red "eyeballs" really sets off the color !

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/15/11 05:33 AM

Quote:

Thanks fstfish66 ,
I sure didn't want to offend anyone.

Hmmmmm....what pictures to show?

never offend us with a HEMI,,, and an allstate is a HENRY J ?? kool

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/15/11 05:38 AM

Quote:

Quote:

The car is looking great Mark
can't wait to see it finished...

RON,, your not kidding, my 40 has been down for 2 years,,its either work, yard work, home repairs,,daily driver maintence,last 2 years crazy weather,,hurricanes,earth quakes,RAIN,RAIN RAIN,,,snow,,,,rain,,,or im too darn tired today from ????? hope to be in the garage soon,,crossing my fingers no more crazy weather,,,

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/15/11 05:40 AM

Quote:

kool love the rims,,,radir ???

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/15/11 05:44 AM

Quote:

wow super nice stance, makes me wanna fat tire my 40 dodge

Attached picture 6827196-75%smaller.jpg

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/15/11 05:46 AM

Quote:

Hey Marc,

Mark

SWEET,,, henry the HEMI

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/15/11 05:51 AM

Quote:

I was thinking about that color for my coupe as well.
i also like the color stacy david used on his chevy PU called copperhead. Ron...

here is a write up on copperhead and the paint formula..
http://staceydavid.com/projects/copperhead

Toxic orange:

and copperhead:

i love that roadster on stacy davids, the green one

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/15/11 05:55 AM

Quote:

WOW,, you work fast,,,,

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/15/11 02:30 PM

Quote:

Quote:

They are new from Rocket Racing Wheels. They are fully polished "Strikes".

These are off the first run of these wheels. They all shipped out about a month ago to all the pre-orders.

Plus they were alot cheaper than Radirs.

I really like them !

Attached picture 6827423-p20.jpg

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/15/11 04:08 PM

Yep, The Allstate was built by Kaiser Frazier for Sears Roebuck to sell in their catalogs. 1951 & 52.
They had different grilles and other trim, and also used Sears tires, batteries, and other misc. parts.
I am using a fiberglass repro 51 Henry J grille in mine as I like it much better than the Allstate.
Here is an older picture with the grille and exhaust showing.
Mark

Attached picture 6827540-CopyofHPIM1956.JPG

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/15/11 04:10 PM

Quote:

Quote:

WOW! What a nice pair of cars!
Mark

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/15/11 04:13 PM

Quote:

Quote:

WOW,, you work fast,,,,

Ha Ha Ha !!!! Don't I wish. I do like that color on the car though. Oh well too late to change now.

Mark

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/15/11 04:15 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

These are off the first run of these wheels. They all shipped out about a month ago to all the pre-orders.

I really like them !

The truck looks great. What is the drive train in it?

Mark

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/15/11 08:55 PM

The Swepty has the factory 383,ps,pb and a/c.
I swapped out the ill running 2brl for a 600 Carter and Eddy intake I had off my old '66 Coronet.

Attached picture 6827881-p12.jpg

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/15/11 09:40 PM

VERY cool looking truck

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/16/11 01:12 AM

Once again thanks for the kudos. I have lots of ideas for vehicles, so when I finish up this project, I will sell it and find another project.

Attached picture 6828178-p15.jpg

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/16/11 01:15 AM

I am qite proud of my first lace job. Now that I have done it. My next one will be frosted on the edges, and not such a subtle color shade difference. But I thought the rest of the truck was knock you in the jaw bright so I wanted the lace more subtle. At least the contrasting color is Go Mango !

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/16/11 09:18 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I really like them !

the newly revived rocket name picked up the wheel that rair discontinued,,i tried for 0 years to get radir to make me custom width rear wheels,,,i finally got the newly revived E/T brand now called TEAM3 to make them for me

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/16/11 09:21 PM

[quot

Yep, The Allstate was built by Kaiser Frazier for Sears Roebuck to sell in their catalogs. 1951 & 52.
They had different grilles and other trim, and also used Sears tires, batteries, and other misc. parts.
I am using a fiberglass repro 51 Henry J grille in mine as I like it much better than the Allstate.
Here is an older picture with the grille and exhaust showing.
Mark [/quote

very kool,,,

looks like you have plenty of room for another project,,,

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/16/11 09:22 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

WOW! What a nice pair of cars!
Mark

mark,,thanks

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/16/11 09:23 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

WOW,, you work fast,,,,

Ha Ha Ha !!!! Don't I wish. I do like that color on the car though. Oh well too late to change now.

Mark

MARK, why to late ?? have you sprayed the car ?

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/16/11 09:39 PM

Quote:

I am qite proud of my first lace job. Now that I have done it. My next one will be frosted on the edges, and not such a subtle color shade difference. But I thought the rest of the truck was knock you in the jaw bright so I wanted the lace more subtle. At least the contrasting color is Go Mango !

VERY "COOL" on the lace job

post some more pics of it if you have them Ron....

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/17/11 12:44 AM

Lace Baby !

Attached picture 6829462-postable4.jpg

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/17/11 12:45 AM

nutha

Attached picture 6829466-postable5.jpg

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/17/11 12:45 AM

Attached picture 6829468-postable6.jpg

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/17/11 12:46 AM

then with clear and big metal flake

Attached picture 6829470-postable7.jpg

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/17/11 12:49 AM

Mark

Don, I have already started painting the car. I have finished all floor panels , wheel tubs, etc. and I am spraying the roof and cowl now.
Here is a pic of some finished parts.

Mark

Attached picture 6829477-CopyofHPIM3015.JPG

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/17/11 12:52 AM

You all may laugh at painting in a dirty ass garage. Not mine by the way.

I cleaned it and hose it and cleaned it and hosed it and cleaned it and hosed it. hey, did I mention I cleaned and hosed it ? LOL

The paint turned out awesome ! I was very happy. People cant belive I painted it without a booth. There is vitually zero dirt. I did have one bug though. I pulled him out before the clear flashed and then the clear flowed back and you cant even see it.

Attached picture 6829483-postable1.jpg

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/17/11 12:53 AM

Another pic

Attached picture 6829487-CopyofHPIM3021.JPG

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/17/11 12:56 AM

Quote:

I cleaned it and hose it and cleaned it and hosed it and cleaned it and hosed it. hey, did I mention I cleaned and hosed it ? LOL

The paint turned out awesome ! I was very happy. People cant belive I painted it without a booth. There is vitually zero dirt. I did have one bug though. I pulled him out before the clear flashed and then the clear flowed back and you cant even see it.

Looks great!
I have a booth and still get dirt in the paint!

Mark

Attached picture 6829492-CopyofHPIM3023.JPG

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/17/11 01:33 AM

It may sound funny but here was my method.

I took an air hose and started blowing off all surfaces with one hand. Then in the other hand I had a garden hose with a misting attachment on it in the other hand. Then as I kicked up the dust and dirt into the air, I fanned the air with the mist to put it into the water and knock it to the floor. Then I hosed the floor out the door 4 times before I pulled the pickup in and started the window fan on one side of the garage and duct taped a furnace filter over the window on the other side of the garage for clean makeup air.

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/17/11 02:18 AM

Mark the paint is coming out great, wish i was that close on one of my projects.
and Justin that lace job came out so great, I remember doing that way back in the days Ron....
Posted By: Webster

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/17/11 04:28 AM

Nice job ....I have not seen that since the 70's

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/17/11 05:18 AM

Thanks Ron,
My plan is to paint the body, install headliner and rear glass, and quarter glass, then set it back on the chassis. That way the roll cage won't be in the way of that work being done.
It sure is great to finally get some paint on it!

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/18/11 02:47 AM

Made some more progress today!

Attached picture 6830836-!cid_002c01cc7581$19146620$D43B9024@SpeedyII.jpg

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/18/11 02:49 AM

pic 2.

Attached picture 6830839-!cid_003201cc7581$1916d720$D43B9024@SpeedyII.jpg

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/18/11 02:51 AM

pic 3

Attached picture 6830844-!cid_003001cc7581$1916d720$D43B9024@SpeedyII.jpg

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/18/11 01:12 PM

just love your car ! excellent workmanship ! ijust hope my humpback turns out 1/2 as good ! a question if i may concerning how you are mounting the body and any problems with door fitment. it appears the body has minimal "side to side" reinforcement such as a full attached floor pan would provide. how are you attaching the body to the chassis, and how is the floor attached ? for my humpback, i am wanting the floor panels to plug weld to the chassis with the cage, and then attach the body to the cage in a perimiter[ think vw floor pan] fashion, with the door jams bolted to several tabs welded to the cage main hoop and dash bar to insure door alignment stays in place. this would allow the truck to be driven with out the body being in place if i were to want to. also, this will allow me to finish the chassis & cage easier, plus finish the inner body structure easier too. any comments or ideas with my plan ?
Posted By: Mike P

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/18/11 02:03 PM

Here’s my 37 Dodge I’ve been back working on. I’ve got a mockup engine and gutted 518 in it so I can build the floor and firewall, do the steering etc.

The engine that will actually power it is 55 331 I built for it a few years back. I’ll be putting a B Body Dana 60 with 4.56 gears under it when I get to that point.

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/18/11 04:53 PM

it appears the body has minimal "side to side" reinforcement such as a full attached floor pan would provide. how are you attaching the body to the chassis, and how is the floor attached ? for my humpback, i am wanting the floor panels to plug weld to the chassis with the cage, and then attach the body to the cage in a perimiter[ think vw floor pan] fashion, with the door jams bolted to several tabs welded to the cage main hoop and dash bar to insure door alignment stays in place.

Eric,
We are both trying to achieve the same goals. That part of the build has complicated things a great deal. I have had some good help with that planing, and we will see how it works out.
The body mounts to four points on the chassis at the front and rear of the rockers, and then at the rear crossmember of the frame. The mounts are solid, but there is room for shims if needed. The doors on this car have adjustable (encapsulated) mounting plates that allow me to move the doors quite a bit, probably a much different arrangement than what you are dealing with?
I am planning on the frame mounts pulling the body back into the same shape as before removal.
The floor pans were fabbed to mount to the tops of the frame rails. Originally we were going to plug weld them, but, instead I am using some stainless steel strips to clamp them to the frame with button head bolts. I may also use a very thin two sided tape to try and reduce vibration. I am fairly sure this car will have more than it's share of rattles!
I think that your plan will work Eric, but my opinion is worth what it costs!
Thanks for the kind words. I am really trying to get this thing together.

Mark

Attached picture 6831458-!cid_00d101cc4f36$adbdd7f0$B4491A0D@MobileUnit1.jpg

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/18/11 04:55 PM

A picture of the mounting strips.

Attached picture 6831462-!cid_5_2141906599@web51902_mail_re2_yahoo.jpg

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/18/11 04:57 PM

Very nice truck Mike!!!

Mark

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/18/11 06:29 PM

Looks good for sure!

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/18/11 06:34 PM

Quote:

I'm not sure who is more excited!!

Every time I see an updated pic I can't wait for another! And another!

I think when your Allstate is done the amount of effort that you put in will show tenfold. It's a truly stunning car, but it's what is underneath that truly impresses ME. What doesn't show.

Great build Mark! Inspiring to say the least!

I'm going for breakfast with TopJimmy today, I'll get him to have a look. He's been out of things for a few years- not lack of motivation or lack of space... he got sidetracked with the C word, but he's getting better, and these new pics should get his heart racing too!

Keep those pics coming!!!

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/19/11 02:44 AM

Well Marc, I am getting pretty excited to think I will finish this thing, and drive it again!
I am sorry to hear that Top Jimmy has had health issues, and so glad that he is doing better. Please give him my best regards. He needs to get back to building those high HP BBCs again!
Thank you for your encouragement, I hope this thing lives up to your expectations. I really could have used you fabrication skills on the exhaust, sheet metal, and a nice hinge for my glove box too!

Mark

Attached picture 6832217-!cid_003101cc7581$1916d720$D43B9024@SpeedyII.jpg

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/19/11 02:47 AM

Another pic.

Attached picture 6832222-!cid_00cc01cc4f36$adbdd7f0$B4491A0D@MobileUnit1.jpg

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/19/11 03:24 AM

Quote:

Another pic.

EVERYTHING is looking GREAT!!!!!

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/19/11 10:46 PM

Thanks Ron,
Coming from you that means a lot!

I gotta find more pictures to keep that CrAzyMoPaR Guy motivated on his coupe!

Mark

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/20/11 02:05 AM

Quote:

it appears the body has minimal "side to side" reinforcement such as a full attached floor pan would provide. how are you attaching the body to the chassis, and how is the floor attached ? for my humpback, i am wanting the floor panels to plug weld to the chassis with the cage, and then attach the body to the cage in a perimiter[ think vw floor pan] fashion, with the door jams bolted to several tabs welded to the cage main hoop and dash bar to insure door alignment stays in place.

Eric,
We are both trying to achieve the same goals. That part of the build has complicated things a great deal. I have had some good help with that planing, and we will see how it works out.
The body mounts to four points on the chassis at the front and rear of the rockers, and then at the rear crossmember of the frame. The mounts are solid, but there is room for shims if needed. The doors on this car have adjustable (encapsulated) mounting plates that allow me to move the doors quite a bit, probably a much different arrangement than what you are dealing with?
I am planning on the frame mounts pulling the body back into the same shape as before removal.
The floor pans were fabbed to mount to the tops of the frame rails. Originally we were going to plug weld them, but, instead I am using some stainless steel strips to clamp them to the frame with button head bolts. I may also use a very thin two sided tape to try and reduce vibration. I am fairly sure this car will have more than it's share of rattles!
I think that your plan will work Eric, but my opinion is worth what it costs!
Thanks for the kind words. I am really trying to get this thing together.

Mark

well mark, you said a mouthfull when you said it sorta complicates things a little with our thoughts on body mounting. to be a little more specific, at this time i have the body mounted to 4 points at the doors. this is to frame mounts at the front and rear of the door openings at the rocker panels[ more specifically, where the rockers will be when fabbed]. it will also recieve 2 chassis mounts at the bottom of the cowel for the front mounts. at the rear of the body, there will also be 2 chassis mounts at the bottom of the rear door opening. the double rear doors will be welded together and hinged so the door will then open ala mini-van style[using the hinges and latch mechinism from my old 95 caravan. i will also be using the roof panel to fill in the top of the humpback]. the tubs will be welded to the body with flanges to attach to the chassis at [however many] points to be detirmined. the cage attaching points i mentioned will be tabs welded to the door jams at the knee bar/down tubes directly at the latch point, and the main hoop[door pillar post] at both hinge areas[ there were originally 3 hinges per door, but as the height reduction was so severe, the middle hinge was removed]. the remaining area[s] around the firewall and rocker panels will have several bolts[most likely 1/4-20 button heads] attaching that tinwork to the chassis. the center portion of the floor, including the tunnel, will be welded to the chassis. anyway, that's the plan....... geeze a guy hasta thimk SO far ahead....... [ my head is ready to go POOF ! ][gotta get my camera figgered out
your painted chassis REALLY LOOKS GOOD !!!!!

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/21/11 03:16 AM

Quote:

Thanks Ron,
Coming from you that means a lot!

Mark

MORE THAN YOU KNOW!!!

Stunning is what I think, the engineering, execution, and the overall look/package.... it's a WOW car if I've ever seen one!

I'm sending a pic or two to TopJimmy, see if I can make his heart race....

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/21/11 04:14 AM

at this time i have the body mounted to 4 points at the doors. this is to frame mounts at the front and rear of the door openings at the rocker panels[ more specifically, where the rockers will be when fabbed]. it will also recieve 2 chassis mounts at the bottom of the cowel for the front mounts. at the rear of the body, there will also be 2 chassis mounts at the bottom of the rear door opening.

Eric,
you have obviously given this a lot of thought! It sounds to me that it will be very secure. It's great that you have the doner van for hinges, latch, and roof panel.
I know that many times I would find myself just staring at the car trying visualize the best way to do something. I like the KISS principal wherever possible.
Get that camera working! We need pictures!

Thanks for the positive feedback!I appreciate it!

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/21/11 05:20 AM

Mark

MORE THAN YOU KNOW!!!

Stunning is what I think, the engineering, execution, and the overall look/package.... it's a WOW car if I've ever seen one!

I'm sending a pic or two to TopJimmy, see if I can make his heart race....

Thanks Marc, you are too kind!
I will try to find some more pictures to post.
How are things looking for your coupe floors? Are you ready to start on them? This inspiration thing works both ways!

Mark

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/22/11 06:55 AM

Quote:

Mark

Don, I have already started painting the car. I have finished all floor panels , wheel tubs, etc. and I am spraying the roof and cowl now.
Here is a pic of some finished parts.

Mark

MARK, looks good to me

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/22/11 06:56 AM

Quote:

looks great ,,,bugs or no bugs,,

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/22/11 07:02 AM

Quote:

Nice job ....I have not seen that since the 70's

all the older styles of paint jobs are comming back,and i love it, i can remember when i was in my 30s thinking what ever happened to custom cars,,chop tops,wild paint, well whats old is new,,i also love panel paint jobs,,wonder if bell bottoms will return ? or the burn the bra movement??lol

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/22/11 07:05 AM

Quote:

SWEET!!!!! great color,,
Posted By: 66cnet500

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/22/11 04:56 PM

My 48

Attached picture 6837547-092211115405.jpg

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/22/11 05:09 PM

Another

Attached picture 6837561-092211115323.jpg
Posted By: rrbrucea

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/22/11 05:30 PM

Quote:

My 48

I LIKE that!

What's under the hood?

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/22/11 06:58 PM

Thank you, i put a mustang 2 crossmember rack/pinion, 355/350turbo c***y, 8.75 suregrip 355. Original interior one respray long long time ago. Car was copletely orig when i got it in 05, and been a local car since new. I do have plans of swappin over to sbm over winter, a .060 over 360 w/mag heads is 3/4 done at machine shop. Fitment and$ was the deciding factor when built.

Attached picture 6837656-092211135610.jpg
Posted By: rrbrucea

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/22/11 07:28 PM

Quote:

Thank you, i put a mustang 2 crossmember rack/pinion, 355/350turbo c***y, 8.75 suregrip 355. Original interior one respray long long time ago. Car was copletely orig when i got it in 05, and been a local car since new. I do have plans of swappin over to sbm over winter, a .060 over 360 w/mag heads is 3/4 done at machine shop. Fitment and$ was the deciding factor when built.

Okay, it'll be COOLER once the 360 goes in!

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/23/11 04:30 AM

Quote:

Quote:

SWEET!!!!! great color,,

Thanks Don,
The car was two toned, (silver over gray) last time, but I decided to go with just silver outside this time. The frame,cage, and dash are a dark gray.Color choice is tough after all these years in primer!

Mark

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/25/11 07:41 AM

Quote:

nice ride, glad to see it will soon be a full fledged mopar and not a slopar,,good luck with the swap,,,and post plenty of pics and info for others,,,thanks

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/25/11 07:44 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

SWEET!!!!! great color,,

Thanks Don,
The car was two toned, (silver over gray) last time, but I decided to go with just silver outside this time. The frame,cage, and dash are a dark gray.Color choice is tough after all these years in primer!

Mark

MARK,, cant wait to see it all painted, silver is a great color on almost any vehicle IMO ,my barracuda was orignally silver,but my first car,a 64 cuda was black,,car has plenty of stainless trim to offset the black,,was almost silver tho,,
Posted By: dynamite

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/27/11 01:55 PM

MARK... when do you think we can see that work of art ALLSTATE of yours on the road ?? I should send you my junk for paint and body work ..then it will be something ...great car that Allstate..good luck.Larry

Attached picture 6844542-larryscar005.JPG

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/27/11 08:10 PM

Quote:

MARK... when do you think we can see that work of art ALLSTATE of yours on the road ?? I should send you my junk for paint and body work ..then it will be something ...great car that Allstate..good luck.Larry

Hey Larry,
I see that you are still having fun with your Plymouth! Did you get that 11 sec. ET? Your car is looking great just the way it is!!
I was hoping 2011 would be the year for the Allstate. It looks like next year now. I really do think that I can get it done this winter. I sure am going to try anyway.
Thanks for the kind words Larry.

Mark
Posted By: dynamite

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/27/11 09:27 PM

Hey Mark ,I got it to go 12.004,motor is over powering the tires and the 60 foot times slowed to 1.65 from 1.49.but the new power pulled it thru on the top end..but I still got a few tricks in my bag...planning to go next week to PBIR and get my 11.9..3760 lbs doesn't help.. then she may go up for sale.. Thanks Larry

Attached picture 6845079-larryscar003.JPG

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 10/04/11 01:43 AM

spent some time over the weekend on the humpback floor. i tried out the 90* master mount i built a while back, and it fits just like i planned. if the old cowl vent mechanism wasn't still attached, it would have clamped in place at the exact location. as it is, it will be 5/8" over toward the centerline and 2" up. the old steering column mount served as a good brace for the mockup however. i took a couple of pics to give an idea. sorry for the quality. i guess i need to get a "new" new camera........

Attached picture 6855027-oct.3,2011001(Small).jpg

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 10/04/11 01:46 AM

nother shot......

Attached picture 6855032-oct.3,2011003(Small).jpg

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 10/04/11 01:48 AM

general floor view.......

Attached picture 6855037-oct.3,2011007(Small).jpg

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 10/04/11 01:50 AM

missing tunnel piece.......

Attached picture 6855041-oct.3,2011008(Small).jpg

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 10/04/11 01:52 AM

rearward view......

Attached picture 6855047-oct.3,2011006(Small).jpg

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 10/04/11 01:54 AM

last one...... junk shot.......

Attached picture 6855052-oct.3,2011002(Small).jpg

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 10/04/11 02:18 AM

Looks good Moparx! As long as we're showing floors that is what I've been working on also. I know they are not exciting but they are necessary. First pic is the before shot.

Attached picture 6855107-34Dodgefloor001.jpg

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 10/04/11 02:30 AM

Tunnel and dash.

Attached picture 6855133-tunnelanddash.JPG

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 10/04/11 02:36 AM

Wheel tubs.

Attached picture 6855151-Wheeltubs.JPG

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 10/04/11 02:39 AM

Framework behind seats.

Attached picture 6855158-floorswelded004.jpg

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 10/04/11 02:48 AM

gee arno. you have much less RUST to play with than me ! i'm envious ! your framework is 1x1 no ? i like the behind the seat framework.

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 10/04/11 03:08 AM

Oh, I have my issues with rust, but all and all it's not to bad. Yes the subfloor is 1x1 tubing. It was started that way when I bought the car and I reworked it to fit what I was doing. I love your tunnel. Did you bend that up or have it done?

Arno

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 10/04/11 03:11 AM

Quote:

That's really looking good Eric!

Is that the drive shaft loop in the picture or reinforcement for the trans tunnel to mount to ?

Mark

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 10/04/11 03:18 AM

Quote:

Looks good Moparx! As long as we're showing floors that is what I've been working on also. I know they are not exciting but they are necessary. First pic is the before shot.

Looking good Arno! And is that a four speed I see in there?! 4 link rear!? Cool!

Mark

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 10/05/11 01:37 AM

Quote:

Oh, I have my issues with rust, but all and all it's not to bad. Yes the subfloor is 1x1 tubing. It was started that way when I bought the car and I reworked it to fit what I was doing. I love your tunnel. Did you bend that up or have it done?

Arno

that tunnel was quite the project ! i bent that up the "old school" way..... made a couple of "paper dolls" from poster board. it took a few trys till i was satisfied with the fit. then transfered the pattern to 16ga. sheet. with a BUNCH of clamps, i then formed it around a piece of 12 1/2" pipe. this took a little heat to get it to contour corectly, [as well as a couple of afternoons.....] then trimmed to fit. the driveshaft tunnel was formed cold around a piece of 4 1/2" pipe after clamping a piece of 1/2 x 3" angle to the sheet to keep the "legs" of the tunnel from becoming round. a couple x-tra hands from the neighborhood kids helped a ton ! i am using 16ga. for the floor and tunnel because it was available CHEAP, and it fits the budget.

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 10/05/11 01:52 AM

Quote:

Quote:

That's really looking good Eric!

Is that the drive shaft loop in the picture or reinforcement for the trans tunnel to mount to ?

Mark

mark,the loop is the required 6" from the front joint and is 1/4 x2" strap. it also is used as a reinforcement as you are thinking about. that wasn't a real tough item to bend up[compared to the tunnel !]. at the mid point of the tunnel, above the trans mount, i made a 1 1/2 x 1/2"x 1/8 wall, 12 1/2" diameter tube joining the crossmember together where the removable mount section is. the tunnel will mount to this tube further reinforcing this area. the thought is to make the trans tunnel and driveshaft tunnel a structural part of the chassis.

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 10/08/11 04:02 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Arno

that tunnel was quite the project ! i bent that up the "old school" way..... made a couple of "paper dolls" from poster board. it took a few trys till i was satisfied with the fit. then transfered the pattern to 16ga. sheet. with a BUNCH of clamps, i then formed it around a piece of 12 1/2" pipe. this took a little heat to get it to contour corectly, [as well as a couple of afternoons.....] then trimmed to fit. the driveshaft tunnel was formed cold around a piece of 4 1/2" pipe after clamping a piece of 1/2 x 3" angle to the sheet to keep the "legs" of the tunnel from becoming round. a couple x-tra hands from the neighborhood kids helped a ton ! i am using 16ga. for the floor and tunnel because it was available CHEAP, and it fits the budget.

Man, That came out great! I started to form my own and then a friend told me that he had a slip roller and could do it for me so I took the easy way out. I can see that was a bunch of work!
Arno
Posted By: bbrroowwnn

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 05/20/12 05:38 AM

Here is a pic of my 1929 dodge coupe in the works....340/727/dana35

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 05/20/12 05:45 AM

PAUL ITS LOOKING GOOD MAN

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 05/20/12 03:40 PM

Quote:

PAUL ITS LOOKING GOOD MAN

Very nice!
Posted By: 70_dart_swinger

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 06/01/12 05:33 PM

HERE ARE SOME PICS OF MY 51 FARGO

the day i bought it

THE NEW CHASSIC

PULLIN THE CAB AND BOX OFF OLD CHASSIC

FITTING IT TO NEW CHASSIC

SHEET METAL BACK ON

FITTING 49 PLYMOUTH BUMPERS

AND WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE TODAY
Posted By: MOPAR_AMC_FAN

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 06/06/12 04:31 AM

The Fargo looks great! What did you use for the new chassis?

'

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 06/06/12 05:43 PM

Looks like a Volare clip welded to an original frame to me anyway. Gene
Posted By: 70_dart_swinger

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 06/11/12 05:05 AM

yes I got another frame that had the volare clip in it and I installed a B body 8 3/4 391 sure grip in it
Posted By: bbrroowwnn

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 06/15/12 08:36 PM

Posted By: chrisnben

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 06/16/12 01:17 PM

here's the '55 custom Belvedere I recently aquired. I've since swapped on some reverse moonies and now working on getting the grille back in for more of a stock look. Underneath all that Viper Yellow is a 500hp stroked 360/46RE auto, narrowed 8-3/4, and alot of work.
A certain 72 year old guy I got it from said he only had it up to 163 mph

Attached picture 7252214-B0000638.jpg
Posted By: 65 Hemi

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 07/02/12 07:25 PM

I went to buy this 59 Savoy for my wife with all origanal 28K miles. I am the third owner. Then a week later she finds this 56 from an estate sale all original except the paint. So if she is not happy,Im not happy! We ended up with both.

Attached picture 7274284-photo2.JPG

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 07/02/12 07:26 PM

another pic

Attached picture 7274286-photo4.JPG

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 07/02/12 07:27 PM

one more

Attached picture 7274288-photo5.JPG
Posted By: 17dodgebros

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 07/15/12 03:19 AM

17 dodge tub

Attached picture 7292811-172.jpg
Posted By: 17dodgebros

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 07/15/12 03:21 AM

17 tub 2

Attached picture 7292814-171.jpg
Posted By: SV_MOPARS

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 07/22/12 12:05 AM

41 willys, blown 540.

Attached picture 7302161-willysred012.JPG

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 07/22/12 12:07 AM

interior shot of the above willys.

Attached picture 7302163-willysred009.JPG

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 07/22/12 04:51 AM

Very nicely done. I like the colors in the flames.

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 07/22/12 04:53 AM

Quote:

Really nice interior detail.
Posted By: Dan Halen

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 07/22/12 03:35 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Really nice interior detail.

I agree, GORGEOUS interior!

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 07/22/12 10:51 PM

thanks.
Posted By: crazyjjk

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 07/27/12 01:03 PM

Here is a pick of my work in progress. 37 Dodge 2drsdn. Mild 360 under the hood with torqueflite. Mustang II front end Ford 8.8 rear. Not much of an interior yet so its like driving around in a big tin can.

Attached picture 7309717-37Dodge1.jpg

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 07/27/12 01:04 PM

Backside

Attached picture 7309719-37Dodge3.jpg

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 07/27/12 01:09 PM

interior

Attached picture 7309721-120628_0000(1).jpg

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 07/28/12 03:22 AM

Quote:

Here is a pick of my work in progress. 37 Dodge 2drsdn. Mild 360 under the hood with torqueflite. Mustang II front end Ford 8.8 rear. Not much of an interior yet so its like driving around in a big tin can.

Nice car,I like the flat black over the gloss color.Is that blue or turquoise?
RT

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 07/30/12 04:29 PM

Turquoise. Paint is probably going to be updated next year if funds allow. Looking to do a Hurst Gold where the black is and a Light Pine Pearl Green where the Turquoise is.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 08/12/12 06:06 AM

My 38 Plymouth 2 door touring sedan... in progress

Attached picture 7331736-PLY38-1sml.jpg

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 08/12/12 06:09 AM

Another... 440 powered, 727 and a 9"

Attached picture 7331737-ply38-4.jpg

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 08/12/12 06:14 AM

My Rampage... cruiser and drag week truck

Attached picture 7331740-DSC00089.JPG

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 08/12/12 06:19 AM

418ci SB, 518 OD trans, 9", tube chassis because the
underside was rotted out bad

Attached picture 7331745-120531_1139b-w640-h479.jpg

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 08/12/12 06:58 AM

Quote:

' nice 38 sedan,,lets see the prowler buckets please,,and where did you get them ?? nice idea

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 08/12/12 07:29 AM

Quote:

Quote:

' nice 38 sedan,,lets see the prowler buckets please,,and where did you get them ?? nice idea

I dont think I have any pics of them but I can take
some tomorrow... I got them at a swap meet... they were
new... the guy had 4 of them and I bought all 4...
I want the exterior stock looking but the interior
is all high tech stuff.... I had a blower for it but
I would have needed to cut the hood and I wasnt going
to do that... it all steel.... I was going to make
a carbon fiber hood to cut for the blower... but I
ended up selling the blower and intake

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 08/12/12 08:12 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I dont think I have any pics of them but I can take
some tomorrow... I got them at a swap meet... they were
new... the guy had 4 of them and I bought all 4...
I want the exterior stock looking but the interior
is all high tech stuff.... I had a blower for it but
I would have needed to cut the hood and I wasnt going
to do that... it all steel.... I was going to make
a carbon fiber hood to cut for the blower... but I
ended up selling the blower and intake

you could always find another hood,,,, i love the prowler seat idea
Posted By: 6PKRTSE

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 08/16/12 07:43 PM

Many, many sweet projects here guys. I would love to pro street some sort of fat fendered old 30's-40's Mopar someday. 41 Willy's is my dream rod.
Posted By: stateline

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 08/17/12 02:36 AM

Quote:

41 willys, blown 540.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A large WOW !!!!!!!!! for the Hemi Allstate also
Posted By: 6PKRTSE

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 08/17/12 02:19 PM

Quote:

Quote:

41 willys, blown 540.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree. It does not get any better than that. My dream rod right there. Except maybe in black & a Blown HEMI.

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 08/18/12 03:45 AM

the 41 willys coupe i did before the red one was purple with a blown hemi, if i can find a picture i will post it, unfortunately my old computer crashed with a ton of pictures of cars i did in the 90's and up to about 2008, someday i will have to take that thing in to retreive those pictures. by the way, thanks for the compliments.

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 08/18/12 05:51 AM

My junk from underneath.

Attached picture 7339925-HPIM4191.JPG

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 08/18/12 05:54 AM

again

Attached picture 7339929-HPIM4192.JPG

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 08/21/12 04:30 AM

Quote:

again

so your gonna have mirrors under your car at the shows i see,,,,,looks killer,,

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 08/27/12 04:29 AM

Quote:

Quote:

again

so your gonna have mirrors under your car at the shows i see,,,,,looks killer,,

Ha Ha I am sure it won't look that clean after it gets driven, or raced.
Thanks,
Mark
Posted By: Dabee

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 08/31/12 02:48 AM

I just purchased this 55 yesterday. I haven’t even brought it home yet. It’s going to be transplanted onto a Dakota chassis. I’m looking forward to the new project.

Attached picture 7357947-55dodgetruck6.jpg

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/11/12 03:57 AM

Back to working on the car. I finally got the front end painted and back on the car.

Attached picture 7374123-HPIM4390.JPG

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/11/12 05:58 PM

Another pic.
Have to assemble and wire the front end yet.

Attached picture 7374665-CopyofSept20012019.jpg

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/12/12 01:39 AM

mark, you are getting closer & closer ! when do you think the first ride will be ?

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/12/12 02:59 AM

Looking great! That thing is almost ready for the street. Can't wait to get back to work on mine. Probably another month.

Arno

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/12/12 05:21 AM

Eric,
I am hoping that I can drive it a mile or so to my buddies shop for alignment. Maybe a week or two from now.
I don't have anyway to open the doors from inside other than pulling the bear claw lever! LOL

Attached picture 7375713-HPIM4396.JPG

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/12/12 05:24 AM

Quote:

Looking great! That thing is almost ready for the street. Can't wait to get back to work on mine. Probably another month.

Arno

Thanks Arno,
I look forward to seeing some updates on your coupe!

Mark

Attached picture 7375715-HPIM4397.JPG
Posted By: llklein

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/12/12 06:02 AM

man theres some cool stuff on here heres one of my truck a few weeks back.

Attached picture 7375746-561060_10151870788359897_747472706_n.jpg

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/12/12 06:09 AM

heres another the guy did that i thought was cool

Attached picture 7375749-548240_10151870787014897_174766650_n.jpg

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/13/12 01:36 AM

you look like you are having fun with your truck ! i like your radiator cap ornament. out of curiosity, how tall is your truck ? how much ground clearance ?

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/13/12 01:45 AM

Quote:

THATS A KOOL PIC

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/13/12 01:46 AM

Quote:

heres another the guy did that i thought was cool

BAD A** TRUCK

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/13/12 02:26 AM

Having a lot of fun with it.its about 50" tall at the roof and has 4" of ground clearance

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/13/12 02:52 AM

Quote:

Quote:

THATS A KOOL PIC

Great location for the picture!Truck looks great!

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/13/12 03:14 AM

Love the truck!

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/15/12 03:54 AM

Lights, camera, picture!

Attached picture 7379741-HPIM4430.JPG

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/15/12 04:01 AM

Attached picture 7379748-HPIM4432.JPG

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/15/12 04:10 AM

Attached picture 7379759-HPIM4427.JPG

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/15/12 04:29 AM

"UNFREAKING BELIEVABLE" Mark

the car is looking SOOOOO Great!!!!

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/15/12 10:07 PM

Quote:

"UNFREAKING BELIEVABLE" Mark

the car is looking SOOOOO Great!!!!

You said Ron!!!!!!

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/16/12 02:38 AM

Thanks Ron,
I appreciate it very much.
It sure feels good to be working on it again and to be getting close to taking it for a drive!
There will be a video, I am sure.

Thank you too Webster.

Hey Ron, How is your race truck coming along? Have you had time to work on it?

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/18/12 03:02 AM

Quote:

Lights, camera, picture!

very kool congrats,,,,now lets see you lite the tires up,,,
Posted By: falconvan

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/18/12 05:21 PM

Very cool stuff on here! Here's one of mine; 51 Plymouth Cambridge. It's getting a mild 318 with a few bolt on speed parts,an AX-15 5 speed and an 8.8 Explorer rear with a 3:73 limited slip. Just a good cheap cruiser to tool around the local shows.

Attached picture 7384499-IMG_3597.JPG

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/23/12 03:41 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Lights, camera, picture!

Hopefully the first ride is coming very soon.
A little more progress today.

Attached picture 7390851-HPIM4444.JPG

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/23/12 03:50 AM

This is a rare picture of this car with lights on as they have not worked in many years.

Attached picture 7390873-HPIM4442.JPG

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/24/12 01:44 AM

the lights are on, but is anybody home ? [ i couldn't resist !] JK. what's next before the ride ?

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/25/12 02:11 AM

Quote:

the lights are on, but is anybody home ? [ i couldn't resist !] JK. what's next before the ride ?

Ha ! I resemble that remark!
I found a guy on Ebay that had a beautiful set of Trico wipers for the car, so I bought those. If anyone needs wipers, he has them from the 1930s to 1960s. Super fast shipping and quality parts.
I am replacing the Optima battery that I bought for the car 10 years ago! It will start the car, but doesn't seem to maintain voltage.
We are also waiting for my friend to recuperate from surgery, so he can set the alignment on the front end. He should be ready in a week or so he said.
Then, after a test cruise, I want to take the car to have it scaled. I don't have the upholstery finished though, and scling requires all weight to be in the car, including me!
My friend, and business neighbor is doing my upholstery. He works on the seats as he has time, and feels like it ! LOL He doesn't seem to be in a hurry either!
Thanks for asking Eric.
How is the Hump Back Coming along?

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/25/12 09:34 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Lights, camera, picture!

Hopefully the first ride is coming very soon.
A little more progress today.

I see we have lites,,,,now we need action,,,camera,,,big burn out,,

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/25/12 09:36 PM

Quote:

This is a rare picture of this car with lights on as they have not worked in many years.

congrats on making progress,,,

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/26/12 02:00 AM

the hump back is going slow. we had a bad storm last month and i still have a big mess in the back yard. a big black walnut tree got hit bad and i'm still dealing with getting that cut down and removed. the tree is hard to get at and there are 2 fences in the way to boot. then to "help" things along, my right leg has been really bad the last couple of weeks . on a positive note, i got a new camera, so hopefully i can get some better quality pics after i learn how to use it. i got some urethane bump stops for the rearend and should have those braces in soon. i incorporated a couple of nut plates in case i decide to use an anti-roll bar in the future. also, i started some cardboard patterns for the wheel tubs. a little at a time i guess.

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/28/12 03:07 AM

Quote:

Quote:

congrats on making progress,,,

Thanks Don,
My buddy called and said he is ready to do the alignment. He also said we need to go for a ride after he sets the alignment, to check it out. So, I guess I need to get the passenger seat back from the upholstery guy and put it in.! LOL

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 09/28/12 03:14 AM

last couple of weeks . on a positive note, i got a new camera, so hopefully i can get some better quality pics after i learn how to use it. i got some urethane bump stops for the rearend and should have those braces in soon. i incorporated a couple of nut plates in case i decide to use an anti-roll bar in the future. also, i started some cardboard patterns for the wheel tubs. a little at a time i guess.

I know a little about "clearing" those big trees. It can be a real job too. I live in the "woods" and, we heat with a wood stove. The chainsaw work can be rough or at least, it does tire me out.
I am glad that you found the bump stops Eric. I looked for some and didn't have much luck. Put that new camera to use and post pictures when you can!
Posted By: bohmr1

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 10/14/12 04:57 AM

My panel 318,904,8 3/4, volare clip

Attached File
7419935-PanelMoparAction.pdf  (213 downloads)
Posted By: Robbins

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 10/14/12 03:06 PM

cool

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 10/15/12 04:39 AM

Quote:

Hey, I haven't seen that for a while, I was wondering if you still had it. Of course, I haven't been to many car shows this year, and haven't been anything but through your area in a couple years.

You still part of the Twin city Cruiser toy run? Gene

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 10/16/12 06:11 AM

Quote:

nice panel,,,there is one here in PA same model orange,,big block 440 same grill,,,small world
Posted By: bohmr1

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 10/20/12 06:16 AM

Yes i am still with the cruizers. Don't do many shows. We are having our toy run next week Oct 28. Don't think I've seen you since I picked up the car for my son.

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 10/21/12 03:56 AM

I guess its been a while then, hasn't it. Time sure flies when your having fun(?), maybe the wife and I can get that way next weekend. Things have been (and still are) crazy around here lately. Gene
Posted By: Biggie

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 10/21/12 08:19 AM

Quote:

Yes i am still with the cruizers. Don't do many shows. We are having our toy run next week Oct 28. Don't think I've seen you since I picked up the car for my son.

Hi, Im the son lol I always looked forward to that show, Maybe i can drag the wife and kid to it this year. Got a website or a flier you can pm me?

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 10/23/12 01:32 AM

Eric,
The Twin City Cruisers Toy Run is on 3D sound website and date calendar.
Posted By: moparpollack

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 10/23/12 08:00 PM

39 Plymouth pick up on a 95 Dakota frame. Plenty of room for a small block. Everything clears with plenty of room using A body headers. The radiator opening is 24" so off the shelf radiators will work. The bed fenders are moved up 3" to make everything look right.

Attached picture 7432366-121resized.jpg

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 10/23/12 08:06 PM

front

Attached picture 7432373-124resized.jpg

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 10/23/12 08:08 PM

side

Attached picture 7432376-125resized.jpg

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 10/24/12 01:47 AM

Sweet!

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 10/24/12 03:31 AM

Nice ! I like it....Looks like my Fargo.

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 10/25/12 07:16 AM

Quote:

39 Plymouth pick up on a 95 Dakota frame. Plenty of room for a small block. Everything clears with plenty of room using A body headers. The radiator opening is 24" so off the shelf radiators will work. The bed fenders are moved up 3" to make everything look right.

i love it,,

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 10/25/12 07:17 AM

Quote:

front

looks meen from the front,,plymouth ?

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 03/10/13 02:59 AM

A little update on my Allstate. I now have my seats covered and installed. Still some driver restraint work to be done though.

Mark

Attached picture 7619953-!cid_003501ce1844$89891bf0$CFF325CB@MaryHP.jpg

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 03/10/13 03:01 AM

another pic.

Attached picture 7619954-!cid_003401ce1844$89891bf0$CFF325CB@MaryHP.jpg

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 03/10/13 03:03 AM

Just got pass side in.

Attached picture 7619957-!cid_005c01ce1d08$b751ac50$8B79A344@MaryHP.jpg

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 03/10/13 03:05 AM

Need to fasten the restraints.

Attached picture 7619958-!cid_005e01ce1d08$b751d360$8B79A344@MaryHP.jpg

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 03/10/13 01:30 PM

lookin REAL good ! the weather is starting to break too, just in time for a ride ! do you have 2 latches on your swing out bar ?
Posted By: voigtspeed

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 03/10/13 05:37 PM

T roadster pickup

(only ford part is the free body.)

Started as a quick in between project to tide me over after selling my dart ended up being one of the most fun and used cars i have built looks like a rat but drives and performs excellent 440 with six pack internals,weiand six pack tunnel ram modded to fit two old afb's old mallory ignition,4 bolt offenhauser valve covers and zoomies with motorcycle baffels to set the mood.............

Been driving it for 4 years now intended to sell it but its too much of a adrenalin rush to drive odd thing is the cops give it less atention than my old pro street cuda???????

Free rusty body,all used parts I had laying around and this thing has somehow made it into three magazines one from australia.

low buck fun..................

Attached picture 7620486-1003561(2)(640x480).jpg

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 03/10/13 05:39 PM

More....................

Attached picture 7620492-1003562(2)(640x480).jpg

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 03/10/13 05:41 PM

Front.....................

Attached picture 7620494-1003569(2)(320x240).jpg

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 03/10/13 05:52 PM

Raced in the winter 1/8 mile ice drags.

only change was the quick bar install and some old ice drag tires i had that were tall enough my 16 year old son ran it in the 8 second class and broke out runing into the sevens first run spining 3/4 of the way........

Great cheap fun.

Attached picture 7620505-1003711(2)(420x315).jpg

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 03/10/13 06:54 PM

Quote:

lookin REAL good ! the weather is starting to break too, just in time for a ride ! do you have 2 latches on your swing out bar ?

I think that the weather is starting to finally improve here too Eric. It won't be too long now. Still a few things to work out.
There is only the one latch on the bar. I guess it is for a side hit only!?!?

Thanks,
Mark

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 03/10/13 06:56 PM

Quote:

Raced in the winter 1/8 mile ice drags.

only change was the quick bar install and some old ice drag tires i had that were tall enough my 16 year old son ran it in the 8 second class and broke out runing into the sevens first run spining 3/4 of the way........

Great cheap fun.

I bet that is a lot of fun!!!

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 03/11/13 03:40 AM

Quote:

Just got pass side in.

Top notch work as always Mark

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 03/13/13 01:20 AM

Thanks Arno,
I gotta keep working at it so I can drive it this spring.
I hope your coupe is coming along too.

Mark
Posted By: 340Dart

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 03/13/13 02:12 AM

Here is my 35 Dodge Coupe, traded for this car last year, took quite a bit to bring it up to this point. At a crossroads with it now, the car is built on a S10 frame and has a Chevy drive train. I would much rather be all mopar and on a street rod chassis. I really would like to build a poly - just need to decide whether it would be better to start fresh or pour more money into this one.
Steve R

Attached picture 7623823-1935-10.jpg

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 03/13/13 02:13 AM

One more picture

Attached picture 7623825-1935-2.jpg

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 03/13/13 02:14 AM

Last one

Attached picture 7623830-1935-6.jpg

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 03/13/13 02:41 AM

340dart
Pull the body, if its as good as it looks, because body's are not easy to find in good shape, and start over with the frame and drive train you want. Driving something that is not the way you want it results in not enjoying it when you do drive it which usually results in not driving it at all. Gene
Posted By: notweak2

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 03/13/13 04:09 AM

I have a 354 poly that cane out of my '57. This engine ran great and would not need anything. It has been kept inside is ready to go. Let me know if you'd be interested.

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 03/13/13 05:12 PM

Notweak2 - let me think a bit more on whether I am going to keep my 35. In the meantime if you have a few pictures of the engine please email them to me at sjroselli@msn.com. Also PM me on what you are looking for the engine. Do you know if the same trans adapter plates for the Gen I Hemi's work on these poly motors? I am thinking they do - but I need to check on that.
I like your 57!

Steve R

Attached picture 7624428-1935DodgeCoupe-5.JPG
Posted By: His and Her 69's

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 01/16/14 07:43 AM

Here is my 36 Ply coupe project I have had for awhile.
I just got the title into my name yesterday.
It will be a street rod with either a old school iron 392 blown hemi or
an all aluminum 426 blown hemi. My brother has the aluminum one and I have the 392 but when we get farther along we will decide from there.
This will be a multi purpose car, race, show, cruise, etc.
I have to finish my A12 RR resto first then recoup money then work on the coupe. Dad got the car for free, he passed away in 1982 so we are going to do it up in his memory. We have all the exterior sheet metal and it is all in Good shape, also the grill, dash, speedo, glass, but no drivetrain or interior.
David

Attached picture 7999652-36coupealumhemi.JPG
Posted By: His and Her 69's

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 01/17/14 07:21 AM

Here is the coupe with the front sheet metal installed to see what it looks like all together. We just stuck the suspension stuff under it to roll it around. We have the rear fenders but don't have the running boards.
David

Attached picture 8000833-coupe1.png

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 01/17/14 08:48 AM

nice project keep us posted,,
Posted By: 53fopar

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 01/31/14 12:04 AM

Here's my '53 F100 Panel. Yeah, I know it's a ford... but it's running a LA 360 with high rise al intake, edel 650, headman headers and a 904. Front suspension is MOPAR too (Volare). I love it people ask me about my small block chevy.

Attached picture 8018793-DSC_6931.JPG

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 01/31/14 04:00 AM

Quote:

nice project keep us posted,,

I second that! Very cool project, and motivating factor, having been your Dad's car.

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 01/31/14 11:34 AM

Quote:

Here's my '53 F100 Panel. Yeah, I know it's a ford... but it's running a LA 360 with high rise al intake, edel 650, headman headers and a 904. Front suspension is MOPAR too (Volare). I love it people ask me about my small block chevy.

mopar or ford drive line ok with me,,, and a very kool street rod,,, nice job

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 02/01/14 12:04 PM

i always liked the 53-56ish truck line. having a mopar driveline is a BIG plus !
Posted By: jdavidson591

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 02/06/14 04:05 PM

my 46 all dodge
340 engine
8/34

Attached picture 8028844-$T2eC16JHJI!E9qSO8Dh2BRllmb5Cm!~~60_3.jpg

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 02/12/14 03:23 PM

Quote:

my 46 all dodge
340 engine
8/34

very kool more pics would be great,, do you go to the NSRA in york pa ?? ide love to see that in person,,,,

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 03/01/14 07:58 PM

This picture is taken from a video so not real clear.
It was back in October.

Attached picture 8057422-!cid_004801cec201$6361c230$BC43E8A6@MarkPC.jpg

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 03/03/14 07:24 AM

Quote:

This picture is taken from a video so not real clear.
It was back in October.

SUPER kool shot getting air,,,

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 03/04/14 03:22 AM

Thanks Don.

Mark
Posted By: BigBird

Re: Time to show your streetrods or rod projects - 03/06/14 05:10 PM

My sons Chevy rat truck. Slant 6 with a 4 speed overdrive.

Attached picture 8063861-10014651_824666400882792_1172804019_n.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums