All of the guys/gals at the shop are real enthusiasts, and those kits tend to get a lot of love when they are personally owned by staff. Two guys at the shop had deposits on BRZ/FR-S cars, so that kit got a lot of love, and we used one for SEMA display. We've got a couple of Camaros and Novas, so those all ways get little "ideas" thrown at them (spherical bearings, new design ideas, etc). The GM's kids both got the new Golf R, so we had a lot of fun with those. I'm the Mopar guy and we have Emax, so we have a good supply of A,B&E cars to play with..etc.
And obviously we spend a LOT of time at the track as a company and as competitors. We all beat the living snot out of our stuff before we send it out the door and as we break stuff, we roll out the improvements. We are absolutely crushed when someone has an issue with their product and help as much as we can to set it straight, but with how much product we have going out the door, our success rate is pretty impressive. The boss has a very firm policy with quality control and using consistent, reliable pieces and materials. I know a lot of folks try to figure out why our pieces cost so much sometimes but when you look at the product and the company standing behind it, it's worth it all the way.
I was a Hotchkis customer before I worked there, and I've worked for and represented aftermarket companies that I would never tie my name to again because of how poorly the product is constructed. If Hotchkis ever went that way, I'd walk away as well.