Just a few observations here...
Went to Indy Sunday, happy to say I have going there for 40 years now. Love drag racing, and have supported Mopar through thick and thin.
That being said, I agree with several of the opinions stated here. There does appear to be a changing of the guard again in Pro Stock. Have seen this many times over the years, as one team or driver seems to dominate for a period of time. Unfortunately, it appears the Jason Line has figured it out again, winning 3 races in a row and taking over the points lead. Sources say that Mike Edwards has been lending a hand with the Summit Team. Might be true, as Jason was the only car in the 6.50"s all weekend. He put it to Jeggie in the rained-out Brainard final Sunday afternoon.
Yes, Jeggie does appear to be frustrated with the lackluster performance of his car and pushing the tree, evident by the numerous red-lights this year, and only qualifying 13th I believe at Indy.
After winning back to back Championships, it's unclear to me why Jim Yates left the team. This year, they seem to be behind in performance and have been rattling the tires a lot on race day, something that happened a lot before Yates was with the team. They also aren't qualifying in the top 2 or 3 each round and snagging all of the bonus points.
I spent some time in Aj's pit Sunday, and at one point heard Roy telling a couple of fans ( I think ) that they weren't performing very well and really needed a tune-up man......
As a Mopar fan, Monday was painful to watch. Especially V. Gaines cutting a perfect light but still losing, and Jeggie red-lighting by .003.
On a final note, I wonder what Erica and her team feel now about sitting out the Western Swing. The pressure is all on her to get back in it..