Quote:

Quote:

I've seen too many issues using the factory units behind the 2nd gen HEMI, they're even taxed behind mild street wedges,... seeing that you have the TTI's the clockable unit is the way to go...what HEMI block are you running?

Mike

I believe it is a Mopar Performance block. Because the rotating assembly is a 440, the torque converter was ordered to reflect that. So, the casting of the block "Starter ear" can be off compared to the original '69 440 I had in the car? This was the same tranny I used with the 440. The unit itself clears rather nicely with TTI headers, so I don't think there's an issue there. The main issue I can see thus far is the complete alignment of the teeth together and fully. I think that's where the "clockable" functionality comes into play for me if needed...

I've seen no issues with the old MP blocks other than the positive stud interference, World blocks on the other hand require some block massaging for starter clearance....I don't waste my time on the factory issued starters, Power Master units are the only ones that I run

Mike