Quote:

You would save a lot of $$$ plus time and aggravation.

How do you save money? It will cost more to build a stroked small block (408) and than a stock stroke 440. Headers and mounts are going to be a wash either way and if going auto BB 727 are dime a dozen.

Unless you are going to build an "outer limits" small block, the 440 is going to have more cubes to work with. If building an "outer limits" small block you are going to be spending a lot of money on a proper race block which isn't cheap not to mention the proper heads to feed a small block 426/440

Quote:

Also it won't be front heavy.

A relative argument.

A 440 with source heads, aluminum intake, headers and aluminum water pump housing would be lighter than a factory small block, I looked this up just out of idle curiosity.

No one ever has made the statement that I'm aware of that a *factory* 340 or 360 car is "nose heavy." A 440 dressed like I described would be no more nose heavy than a stocker 340/360.

Would a small block with also benefit in the weight reduction? Of course but again the small block is going to lose the cube war and will cost more to get there.

"I think its got a hemi"