Quote:

It still comes down to cost. Yes, if you're going to stroke whatever you have, the costs are similar, but there is no cheaper way to a torque monster than a stock stroke 440. 440s can still be found cheap (sometimes free)...

It all boils down to what you are going to do- I don't get the SB 408 vs 440 argument as the 440 has already won it on the basis of money spent per cubic inch plus will still have a 30 cube advantage over the 408

If you are going to build a car for road course then the small block makes sense but road course and auto cross favors a well setup car and a smooth driver more than anything. I think its splitting hairs.

My friend Andy runs 11's with a very docile 440 package and is street driven, with some tuning it will be in the low 11's. The headers and intake are a compromise but he wanted a street car first and foremost.

It may boil down to working with what you already have or a look you are trying to achieve for the car. I can see someone with a restored 340 car and not wanting to do any mods but looks stock with more power.

Andy's Duster has got me rethinking me putting a Magnum in my upcoming Dart project. I have a few 440's just lying about here... some aluminum heads over there... hmm..

"I think its got a hemi"