Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Does the pst pitman have index splines on it?

I believe the firm feel pitman's do not have index splines. So you can rotate the pitman relative to the box/steering wheel.

No master splines on the PST pitman arm.

I tried rotating the arm one spline in the other direction and the steering wheel is off the other way about the same amount.

The only way to center the wheel appears to be to adjust the tie rods different lengths.

The steering column and steering coupler are all installed correctly.

Jason

I went on PST's website seeking a non-master splined pitman. Photo on website shows that their Pitman is splined. I called them, they pulled one from warehouse and said was splined. I am assuming that if I should find one not master splined would resolve my Borgeson steering box issue whereas currently I am unable to set correct toe in with box on top center, tie rods of equal length, steering box clocked correctly, wheels in full straight ahead position and same number of turns left to right turning radius.

http://www.p-s-t.com/s.nl/it.A/id.2315/.f?sc=12

Conversation with Firm Feel, there's too is Master Splined.

Looks like I either replace my Borgeson by purchasing another and sending in faulty one for hopeful credit or find a way to machine out master splines on my new pitman arm so I can off-set it a notch or two.

My front end tech strongly prefers the replacement route.

Does the pain with faulty and/or defective products ever cease! Perhaps if all vendors were responsible to pay the labor to correct their screw ups,,,,maybe they would return production back to the USA instead of to the cheapest bidder.

Most of us would happily pay a higher price to be assured that do-overs did not consume half your restoration time or budgets.

Hmm, interesting, the picture sure shows the PST arm master spline. The Fast Ratio one I have, 2 years old or so, does not have a master spline.

Jason

Last edited by CUDAJAS; 08/29/14 12:28 AM.