Quote:

Quote:

Does the pst pitman have index splines on it?

I believe the firm feel pitman's do not have index splines. So you can rotate the pitman relative to the box/steering wheel.

No master splines on the PST pitman arm.

I tried rotating the arm one spline in the other direction and the steering wheel is off the other way about the same amount.

The only way to center the wheel appears to be to adjust the tie rods different lengths.

The steering column and steering coupler are all installed correctly.

Jason

Adjust at steering shaft coupler just above steering box to center steering wheel, but then steering box will not be at top center,,,it's a bit more complicated then appears at first blush. You may/will likely find full lock to lock left to right may have differing wheel turn counts.

I am current living with almost same situation on my E Body since switching out Firm Feel for Borgeson box using Bergman coupler.

I ended up with my excellent front end alignment guy, Borgeson and Bergman all pointing fingers at each other. My steering wheel is straight,,,I adjusted at coupler,,, toe in is correct but tie rods are differing lengths and I know that Borgeson box is off several degrees from top center.

I have tried to have both Borgeson and Bergman speak with my alignment guy,, but they so far have refused to.. I do have total confidence in my front end tech. I spent some 350 dollars with him to do a 100 dollar alignment and yet we both know that steering box/tie rod geometry is not properly dialed in. Box not top center and differing tie rod lengths to achieve proper toe and differing lock to lock counts. All of this was ok on the Firm Feel box.

I will be posting my own thread on this one day in the steering section to get opinions from some of the heavy hitters there on how to tackle this.

Right now my best guess without much evidence is that there is a Pitman arm difference that neither Borgeson or Bergman are prepared to talk to me about. Again a guess on my part at this point.

I am admittedly a rookie on front ends,,,hence the use of 3 professional firms, but yet to no success in making it right. Front end tech says there is nothing that he can do at this point,,,I have suggested if pitman arm was bent at a certain angle or was not key splined all could be well. This he agrees with,,he says find that arm.

Car has never been wrecked or damaged. K member is perfect. Suspension parts are from Just Suspension company.

Last edited by Sxrxrnr; 08/21/14 09:15 PM.