I have stated facts about the truck and several of the other Street Outlaws cars several times. I know how fast they have all been at the track, but that really doesn't matter. It matters how fast they get them down the street and is the premise of the show. Many, I repeat MANY of the challengers have gone faster at a track, but they can't get down the street. These guys are good at making their cars run as fast, or at least nearly as fast on the street, as they do on the track and that takes a good bit of experience. That is the reason they boast what they do, because anyone who thinks taking their fast track car and just letting it rip on the street is easy, soon finds out they were dead wrong.

As to Dave's truck, as stated it is a backhalf chassis with a stock front end. Big tires, 4-link and a Fulton 632 with 3 stages. It is all over the net that it runs 4.30s to 4.40s. It is NOT that quick, but is an EASY 4 sec ride on the track OR the street, same as most of the other top 5 or so cars. They can ALL go well into the 4 sec zone, I am just not going to tell you how far. None of them are flyweights either. Most are within a couple hundred pounds of 3000 give or take.

Most of them actually make pretty ugly runs at the track, because they have SO MUCH bite dialed into the chassis for street racing, that on anything resembling a GOOD surface, they all paddle and shake the tires for the first 100 feet or so at the track. I was at Paducah a few weeks ago with Doc and Monza and they both wadded the tires up so bad that they could only muster 60fts in the mid 1.20s, but even at that, they both put down EASY 4 sec blasts. They likely 60ft BETTER on the street than the track, because I do know that Jerry(Monza) only changes a couple degrees of timing from his track tune to street tune, so it is NOT like they greatly detune them for the street.

So that's all the "specifics" I care to give............but I can tell you this, you outrun them on a prepped track, with a race car, so what, you should..........you out run one of them on the "street" when one of them makes a clean pass.......you have a BAD hot rod

Monte