Daddy Dave from Street Outlaws coming to local track

Posted By: Mr. T

Daddy Dave from Street Outlaws coming to local track - 07/21/14 02:32 AM

http://www.midsouthracers.com/forum/index.php?topic=43477.0

Anybody here watch this show?
Posted By: GY3

Re: Daddy Dave from Street Outlaws coming to local track - 07/21/14 02:33 AM

Yep.

He came to Kansas International Dragway this Spring at a no prep race.

The truck is no joke!
Posted By: LA360

Re: Daddy Dave from Street Outlaws coming to local track - 07/21/14 03:13 AM

I do wonder how fast that Sonoma is!
Posted By: dartman366

Re: Daddy Dave from Street Outlaws coming to local track - 07/21/14 03:13 AM

yeah he was here at Pacemakers little over a month ago and WOW what a pass.

Re: Daddy Dave from Street Outlaws coming to local track - 07/21/14 03:22 AM

Quote:

I do wonder how fast that Sonoma is!

He's right there with Shawn and the Murder Nova.

The only numbers I've seen them give up was Shawn said the Nova did 7.5x in the quarter a couple of weeks ago SHUTTING IT OFF AT THE 1/8 mile marker. Shawn said this on Yellowbullet.

I'm guessing 4.60 1/8 and tickling 6's in the 1/4 mile.
Posted By: plycuda

Re: Daddy Dave from Street Outlaws coming to local track - 07/21/14 04:07 AM

That sounds like a good deal. The winner in his street legal no chassis car against a pro stock 2300 lb race car
Posted By: bigtimeauto

Re: Daddy Dave from Street Outlaws coming to local track - 07/21/14 04:15 AM

Quote:

That sounds like a good deal. The winner in his street legal no chassis car against a pro stock 2300 lb race car

I read that to, what a crock of poopoo
Posted By: Monte_Smith

Re: Daddy Dave from Street Outlaws coming to local track - 07/23/14 06:14 PM

Quote:

The Sonoma is all steel, has a stock front suspension, is a backhalf chassis and weighs WAY more than 2300lbs. But why let a thing like facts get in the way of a good internet pissing match...........

Monte
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: Daddy Dave from Street Outlaws coming to local track - 07/23/14 07:07 PM

Quote:

Quote:

The Sonoma is all steel, has a stock front suspension, is a backhalf chassis and weighs WAY more than 2300lbs. But why let a thing like facts get in the way of a good internet pissing match...........

Monte

and it's one bad mofo, bet it's a low 4second ride
Posted By: Eric

Re: Daddy Dave from Street Outlaws coming to local track - 07/23/14 08:14 PM

Dave is from Bath NY from what I hear...I wonder if he use to run anything at my old home track Empire
Posted By: Baxter61

Re: Daddy Dave from Street Outlaws coming to local track - 07/23/14 08:29 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Monte

How much does it weigh?
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Daddy Dave from Street Outlaws coming to local track - 07/24/14 08:40 AM

Lots of gossip and speculation about that truck, but one thing is fact: it IS a bad biotch.

There's a vid on YB showing Dave running almost dead-even with a Vette that made Cheeseburger look damn slow.

Re: Daddy Dave from Street Outlaws coming to local track - 07/24/14 06:33 PM

I have stated facts about the truck and several of the other Street Outlaws cars several times. I know how fast they have all been at the track, but that really doesn't matter. It matters how fast they get them down the street and is the premise of the show. Many, I repeat MANY of the challengers have gone faster at a track, but they can't get down the street. These guys are good at making their cars run as fast, or at least nearly as fast on the street, as they do on the track and that takes a good bit of experience. That is the reason they boast what they do, because anyone who thinks taking their fast track car and just letting it rip on the street is easy, soon finds out they were dead wrong.

As to Dave's truck, as stated it is a backhalf chassis with a stock front end. Big tires, 4-link and a Fulton 632 with 3 stages. It is all over the net that it runs 4.30s to 4.40s. It is NOT that quick, but is an EASY 4 sec ride on the track OR the street, same as most of the other top 5 or so cars. They can ALL go well into the 4 sec zone, I am just not going to tell you how far. None of them are flyweights either. Most are within a couple hundred pounds of 3000 give or take.

Most of them actually make pretty ugly runs at the track, because they have SO MUCH bite dialed into the chassis for street racing, that on anything resembling a GOOD surface, they all paddle and shake the tires for the first 100 feet or so at the track. I was at Paducah a few weeks ago with Doc and Monza and they both wadded the tires up so bad that they could only muster 60fts in the mid 1.20s, but even at that, they both put down EASY 4 sec blasts. They likely 60ft BETTER on the street than the track, because I do know that Jerry(Monza) only changes a couple degrees of timing from his track tune to street tune, so it is NOT like they greatly detune them for the street.

So that's all the "specifics" I care to give............but I can tell you this, you outrun them on a prepped track, with a race car, so what, you should..........you out run one of them on the "street" when one of them makes a clean pass.......you have a BAD hot rod

Monte
Posted By: all spooled up

Re: Daddy Dave from Street Outlaws coming to local track - 07/24/14 07:34 PM

monte could you please help doc get her off the line id love to see him go up the list

Re: Daddy Dave from Street Outlaws coming to local track - 07/24/14 07:53 PM

Seeing them go wheels up at launch on the street (or unprepped surface)is pretty impressive.

They make a statement and, 99% of the time, are able to back it up against anyone in the country right now!
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Daddy Dave from Street Outlaws coming to local track - 07/24/14 08:04 PM

Tire technology over the years and Moose Juice also helps put the power to the ground but electronics knowledge really helps out too.

Re: Daddy Dave from Street Outlaws coming to local track - 07/24/14 11:27 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I guess the information off their web site is wrong. this is what it says my point is they won't let them run a chassis car. but the winner gets to run against a chassis car

I just watched a video on the truck and in his own words the truck is extremely light and extremely fast. I guess I don't believe him ether

so off to Mickeys Chassis Works it went for an all new 25.2 chromemoly chassis with a 4 link suspension.
Monte

Re: Daddy Dave from Street Outlaws coming to local track - 07/25/14 01:55 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I guess the information off their web site is wrong. this is what it says my point is they won't let them run a chassis car. but the winner gets to run against a chassis car

I just watched a video on the truck and in his own words the truck is extremely light and extremely fast. I guess I don't believe him ether

so off to Mickeys Chassis Works it went for an all new 25.2 chromemoly chassis with a 4 link suspension.
Monte

Our stock rear suspension Buick, with stock front suspension and stock location firewall also has a 25.2 cert chromoly chassis........so what's your point. I guess you recognize no difference in a "full tube CHASSIS car" and what is considered a backhalf car with stock front suspension and firewall. With what they do, would the Sonoma or any of those other cars out there not benefit greatly from a lighter strut front end and the motor moved way back in the car. I would certainly think so, yet none of them are done that way.

It doesn't really matter anyway.......haters gonna hate and frankly.........I don't care if you believe me or not and I doubt Dave does either.

Monte

Re: Daddy Dave from Street Outlaws coming to local track - 07/25/14 03:12 AM

where am I hating at. did I say they wouldn't benefit from full tube chasis or struts.Dave in his video says it's extremely light. I don't consider 3000 lbs extremely light. unless he has 500 pounds in the bed. maybe he doesn't know what extremely light means. but extremely light to me isn't 3000 lbs
Posted By: Spaceman Spiff

Re: Daddy Dave from Street Outlaws coming to local track - 07/25/14 03:26 AM

How light do you think a backhalf truck with stock front suspension and a 632 can be? 3000lbs is very light for that kinda rig.

Re: Daddy Dave from Street Outlaws coming to local track - 07/25/14 04:00 AM

Is it an aluminum block 632. Fiberglass dash no interior tubular a arms with him in it 2700 at the most
Posted By: SLOW67

Re: Daddy Dave from Street Outlaws coming to local track - 07/25/14 04:30 AM

Still trying to figure out why everyone picks apart the show, IT'S DRAG RACING ON TV!!!! Be happy it isn't boring as h3ll prostock or funny car, If the NHRA got rid of that crap I would actually watch it but for now I'll stick to watching this show and being excited about cars that I can relate to and are very fast no matter what their weight or suspension. I am a huge fan of small tire drag radial stuff but that doesn't make me hate the show because there are backhalf big tire cars....Rant off

Re: Daddy Dave from Street Outlaws coming to local track - 07/25/14 04:49 AM

Never said one thing about the show. If you read my post I said they want street legal no chassis cars and the winner gets to run against a chrome moly chassis truck
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: Daddy Dave from Street Outlaws coming to local track - 07/25/14 12:36 PM

Quote:

Never said one thing about the show. If you read my post I said they want street legal no chassis cars and the winner gets to run against a chrome moly chassis truck

who wants that? they don't go out seeking street cars. there are no limits to who can run or what they can run this is not pinks. you got money put it up if you think you can beat them.
Posted By: Spaceman Spiff

Re: Daddy Dave from Street Outlaws coming to local track - 07/25/14 12:48 PM

Quote:

A back half isn't a "chassis"

Guess you bought it was ok when they ran the pro mod Camaro from the dirty south.

Re: Daddy Dave from Street Outlaws coming to local track - 07/25/14 07:16 PM

Seems the word "chassis" is where you seem to have an issue. Every car has a chassis and every chassis has to meet a spec for its intended ET. The chassis spec itself is for the drivers compartment. So I can put a 25.3 spec chromoly "chassis" in your wifes Lexus......does that make it a pro-stocker.......hardly. It makes it a car with a 25.3 chromoly spec cage. You keep referring to the truck as a "chassis" car, which technically it does have a chassis. But if you think the winner of the race that will take on Dave is going to be some junk streeter with a hoop in it, you are sadly mistaken.

When the rules at Holly Springs say "street cars" or no "chassis" cars, they simply mean you can't come in there with a stretched out, carbon bodied Pro-Mod, hang some lights on it and call it a street car. We go to Holly Springs all the time. The cars that will be running this class will all be "backhalf" cars that meet the criteria of the rules and they WILL be FAST. So the chances of Dave having his hands full are WAY on the plus side.

We actually considered taking the Buick down to run this class and taking a shot, but better judgement prevailed. Our car has been 4.20s on drag radials and meets the required rules.......BUT, this is a "no prep" race and the track owner has said he is going to scrape it clean and the surface will be BAD. So even if we put slicks on the Buick, it will only hold a 29.5. So even though our car is easy 4.20 capable, it will be on a bad track, on a much smaller tire than most others and then you get a chance at a guy who's car is BUILT for this very type racing........Sorry, I will pass.

We would have NOTHING to gain and EVERYTHING to lose. If we managed to beat Dave, it would be so what "Henderson's car is one of the fastest nitrous radial cars on the planet, it SHOULD win".......however, if Dave beat us, it would be "Henderson's car is one of the fastest nitrous radial cars on the planet and Daddy Dave beat him". The fact that it was a no prep race would be forgotten and it would be all over the net that Daddy Dave beat a 4.20 Outlaw Drag Radial car. THIS is how the legend of the truck being SO fast gets perpetuated. As I stated before, he has beaten MUCH faster cars ON THE STREET. So you see one of these cars at the track running really well, that you have also seen them outrun on the street, people put 2 and 2 together, but they come up with 5.

Dave would not even think about lining up next to us on a prepped race track, even him on big tires and us on small........but us against him on a bad surface, he will take that all day long and most likely clean our clock.

Monte
© 2024 Moparts Forums