Quote:

They vary more than that, leaf springs are clamped on the front, factory shackles angled as per the mopar manuals. I have just recently moved the shocks in front of the axle and vertical. I tightened the extension and comp 4 clicks on sunday and went from 1.43 to 1.41.
Why do you say full tight on ext and what would you do with the comp with that setting ?
I thought the looser the ext, the tighter the comp to keep the tyres planted.
Thanks Mick

Moving the shocks just changed the amount of force and the speed the shock works at as well as changing the angle of the shock. More than likely the same results could have been had by just changing the adjustment on the shock in the location they were in. The adjustments on the shocks are just like jets or idle mixtures on a carb. You can use them to tune the way the car works. Every time you make an adjustment it will have an affect on the car one way or the other. When you move the shock to the front of the axle the load on the shock will increase compared to it being mounted behind the axle. There for to have the same type of suspension set up you would have to tighten the setting to achieve the same result. Is it possible to get video of the car launching?

Back in the swing of things at Painless again! Great to be back!