Quote:

Quote:

Carb looks like "92"

Those are the last 2 digits of the OE part number( need a parts book to indentify and I dont have mine handy )

And I ' don't think' there is a CA emissions carb application for 1969's . I think that is a 1970 and later thing.

But,

CA emissions will have N95 on the fender tag..
If no code,,,it's federal emissions car ( as shown )

Bill's correct - "92" is the Broadcast Sheet code for 2946592, which is for 440/auto/AC cars like yours. FWIW, a 440/auto/non-AC would be coded for 2946581.

Bill's also correct that for 1969, there was no such thing as California Emissions. There was a Sales Code N97 denoting the "Noise Reduction Package", which was mandatory for all 383-4 and 440-4 A&B-body cars sold in California (I'll skip over C-bodies for now). Noise Reduction Package cars are the only such cars equipped with a dual-snorkel air cleaner, as the distributors & carbs did not change for California (yet) and having H51 Air Conditioning coded did not change the air cleaner housing. I'm not sure if N97 could be ordered on cars destined for sale outside California or not... the engineering charts list that sales code as an extra cost option so it's at least POSSIBLE, but it's not listed anywhere on the 1969 Confidential Price Bulletins (Charger, anyway).

If a car is coded for N97 Noise Reduction Package, a "7" will show up in the 36th character box from the left on Line 9 of the Broadcast Sheet... immediately to the LEFT of the box for N96 Carb Fresh Air Package (yes, it's counter-intuitive for this higher # to be listed before a lower #, but according to the edit dates on my paperwork, sales code N97 was created after the 1969 Broadcast Sheet form was established). I can't find anything which says N97 was to be stamped on the Fender Tag, but that's based on paperwork evidence and not real-world examples/patterns. Doug H. or Barry W. might be a better source for that info.

While I was digging through the pile of paperwork here, I searched for anything related to the meaning of N41 Dual Exhaust. Apparently, there is no passenger car application in 1969 which was "supposed" to use this code - including Chargers. There should not be any marks in that box even on a N97-coded car, at least according to what I've researched. Perhaps later years (or even trucks) did do something with that code?