Quote:

Quote:

what would cause it when you hit a bump on the highway?.

Just as Poorboy says....And.....I wasn't saying out of round rotors wouldn't start something happening....What I'm saying is that if just out of spec rotors send the front end into the death wobble, then there is definitely something else that is NOT right. I worked on these trucks for 40 years....those rotors would have had to be out a mile!!!

Also....there is a discernable difference between the "Death Wobble" and just rotor induced shaking. The death wobble is basically non-controllable when it happens unless you get the vehicle slowed down. Believe me...you'll KNOW when it goes into the wobble...

Not always true....if you noticed in my application all front end components were replaced first as I thought the same thing you are stating.....although after a complete rebuild it still wobbled until I replaced the rotors and that cured my problem.

Knowing this when my 2001 Jeep wrangler experienced the same problem I had the rotors ck'd....they were found to be warped and it cured that one as well.

Not saying it couldn't happen from worn out front end parts as I had one the I cured by replacing the Stabilizer Shock on a 4x4.....

Rickster