Quote:

JC,

Welcome to the world of daring to be different. As Gary P. knows this was the theme of my build from the start. Back in 2005 I teamed up with Bill Richardson owner of Ram Racing Engines to blueprint build what I envisioned as a Rolex Poly stroker. The most difficult part of the project was to keep him from building a full race 500hp racing engine. Cruise nights & car shows is my game now and I live in a Stop Sign and Traffic Light environment. Machine work at his shop within the Terry Walters Racing in Lynchburg, Va. began. The engine has been on the road since Sept. 2010, several members on this site know my car, it has a distinctive sound unlike any other Mopar you've been up close and personal with.

Here are some of the specs on my engine using a 1964 318 block, bored .090", stroked to 3.58" making 359 cu.in.

Callies Dragon Slayer crank
Crower forges rods
CP Carillo forged aluminum pistons 9.5 CR
Racer Brown ST-14 flat tappet cam 266 deg. .486" lift
Howard pushrods, RAM blueprinted rockers 1.5 ratio
Weiand 7503 intake
REV valves 1.96 in 1.60 exh
Mallory 57 distributor
TTI headers, 3" Max Wedge exhaust, Spin Tech XL mufflers

On the dyno this smaller 359 in. package made 392 hp @5700 rpm, 392 tq. @4200 rpm.
This build created an engine that revved up quicker and held a flatter torque cure than a 4" stroke.

As for scrapping the Max Wedge project, I just sold my Max Wedge in April. Not to compare the 2, the maxie is what it is, the Poly Stoker is what it is. But when I open the hood the reaction from Mopar or Brand X owners is the same...what is it.

Geez Nick, did Gary P put you up to this, LOL. Jason Rhoades bought my 65 Dodge and now I have the Valiant with the poly and am really liking it oddly enough. I took it to the cruise night in Glendale, California last night and got a ton of positive responses on the poly so I am thinking maybe I should follow your path and ramp it up. Gary does have some cool parts and yours is a good example.

I see you used Bill Richardson, I always thought he was one of the best engine builders that no one knows about, definitely a top shelf guy to deal with!!

Dang it, might just show up at one of the dairy cruises in Danbury with a stroked Poly, LOL

Joey