I use a rewound CS140 with the heavy Duty diodes and remote voltage sensing that is hooked way back at the battery in the trunk.

It that basically bolts right in with a simple $30 bracket adapter. It puts out 115 amps at low idle and over 220 amps if it ever needed it at fast idle. It never puts out that much these days though, as I don't have the amp load without a stereo & amps.

You can get one out of an Escalade at a wrecking yard for cheap or at any of the auto parts houses.

Of course, I upgraded the rest of the electrical system using a modified MADD set-up.

Why? A/C, big electric fuel pump, the big twin Spal fans, electric windows, H4 relayed headlights, MSD and some day some decent music.

It almost even looks stock. No one ever notices it, or the A/C pump, mounted below it with the Bouchillon under alternator brackets and the re-routed belt drives to give significantly more belt to pulley wrap/contact.

I definitely would not hook this up to a stock or mildly modified Mopar wiring system without significant upgrades/mods. It uses a 2 gauge cable with a 250 amp fuse to feed my main power distribution lug under the hood. Then it's all big gauge cables, wires, fuses, and relays with quality Marine Grade wire fusing and related components from there.

Last edited by jbc426; 07/04/14 08:19 AM.

1970 Plymouth 'Cuda #'s 440-6(block in storage)currently 493" 6 pack, Shaker, 5 speed Passon, 4.10's
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible 408 Magnum EFI with 4 speed automatic overdrive, 3800 stall lock-up converter and 4.30's (closest thing to an automatic 5 speed going)