Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Any drop in replacements that don't break like the stock ones? I am looking for one that don't require balancing but don't break like the powdered metal.

Only drop in parts are pistons and rods for the 6.1 and 6.4.

It takes about 500rwhp to brake a 5.7 PM rod. You can't make that kind of power with a head and cam 5.7, so connecting rod failure isn't a problem.

I wouldn't worry about it, they aren't in danger.

I have 3 short blocks in my shop right now with broke rods, all 3 are stock motors, 2 from durangos and one from a ram. The big end of the rod is still on the cranks and turn silky smooth. 2 blocks are hurt and one is not. I own a repair shop and we see this failure being fairly common.

I built and raced those motors from 2006 onward. I've never seen a 5.7 break, even deep into the 11's. I've need broken pistons around the ringlands, but never an actual rod failure.

Did all of these motors have dark oil stains on them?

I have a 5.7 here out of a truck, rod broke, hole in block. I would feel say in saying it was lack of servce maintenance and oil changes on this one. The rod started knocking, customer changed the oil like everyone does once its too late, and boom. The oil staining os obvious.

RIP Monte Smith

Your work is a reflection of yourself, autograph it with quality.

WD for Diamond Pistons,Sidewinder cylinder heads, Wiseco, K1 rods and cranks,BAM lifters, Morel lifters, Molnar Technologies, Harland Sharp, Pro Gear, Cometic, King Engine Bearings and many others.