Quote:

Well here is where I am at. I bought a slightly used solid roller cam off a guy I know on Facebook. He was running it in a 416 ci 14:1 cr with W2 heads and claimed he needed more cam for his combination. With the little knowledge I have I thought the cam specs were pretty reasonable for my build. It's a custom grind Reed cams 625/625 @ 1.5 with 260/265 @ .050, 294/300, on a 106 centerline. I got the cam plus
shipping for $155. Thinking I was saving money and getting a good deal the solid roller setup is still expensive.. I still need roller lifters, valve springs, and "should" buy all new valves and retainers, plus bronze distributor gear, ect. I have a set of bushed iron rockers that have had a good amount of runs over the years on them how many I don't know . I've heard I can run a roller cam on them but it would be much better if I could find a set of roller rockers and I posted a wanted ad. With out looking @ the cam card I know the cam calls for over 600 lbs open spring pressure and I need a decent rocker to use the cam w/o any issues. If worst came to worse I could always throw a solid FT in and it would be much more forgiving on parts. Either way I am trying to work with anything I can here.. I'm trying to for fill my goal of
tbeing in the 10's. How far in the 10's? I really don't know it could be a 10.99 or 10.29
I could live with either one. It would be nice to go deep as possible into the 10's
with what I have to work with. For a rpm I don't want to get too carried away but I can live with 7,500 rpms. I don't want to go much more or any over that. The car is lite and it should work good with the new ladder bar and coil over setup. Thanks

I have a cam similar to your roller in my 416 in
my Rampage.. it seems to work pretty decent.. granted
mine is similar but yet its different.. mine has .015
more lift and is on a 105 LSA.. I normally install
a cam advanced to help the lower rpm torque but on this
one I put it in a 105 because I didnt want the added
torque to stall the conv higher being its a 5000 stall
already and its a street/strip car