Quote:

Don't forget that if you want to run 10's you need aftermarket axles, trans blanket, sfi balancer, etc.

I would not modify such an original car that much. I would do the 360 build, caltracs and 9" slicks and keep the car above 11.50.

This is true as I use an SFI balancer and run a trans blanket but I do still have stock axles. Now I only race about twice a year but I do need to upgrade my axles. I am glad my car is an auto because if it was a stick I am sure I would have broken an axle by now. And as said you will need at least a 5 point rollbar to race at the track. You dont have to tub it or even move the springs if you dont want as you can run easy 10's on a 9" slick but you can fit bigger then 9" slicks in the stock Demon wheewell. Tires today work good as cars out there are running 9's on 9" tires. And if you decide on the smallblock stroker you can leave the 340 emblems on it. Myself I used a bigblock because my car is a B-body and I wanted to keep some max wedge look but if its cheaper for you to stay with the smallblock stroker you will have no problem getting in the 10's with the right combo. I am impressed with how strong some of the smallblock Mopar strokers run. So whichever you use big or smallblock you can build a nice 10 second Demon with the right well built and though out combo. Good luck and post pics as you build it as I really like Demons. Ron