Quote:

Quote:

Easy enough , and not super expensive to figure out , get another pair of heads , or at least replace one... BUT I'm pee in the punch, thin cylinders on that bank COULd be putting more heat in the coolant on that side and causing it to run hotter , or the coolant is somehow being restricted.

One way to figure out if it is the head that is causing it , swapp the heads side to side and see if the heat moves. I'll supply the head gaskets if your're up for the challenge. If you lived closer to NH I'd do the work.

This is getting interesting.

JohnRR, that is an excellent idea...that is exactly what I will do. Obviously if the heat moves to the Passenger side, we've found it, if the Driver's side remains hot, more than likely a "block problem". Since the engine compartment is "all detailed" up, I am going to wait until after the Mopar Nationals (August) to do this. I should be able to remove the heads in one weekend and re-assemble it the next (okay I'm slow). The shop that rebuilt the engine wants me to try a new Carb before I do anything else, he doesn't think it is the head. I told him I would try a new carb but that I thought it was unlikely that an improper fuel mixture would only affect one side of the engine. Do you agree?

You've got to be kidding me...I think JohnRR is being facetious...

As far as improper fuel mixture..I don't know, unless you have one side of the idle mixture screws really leaned out over the other...and even then I don't know if that's possible. Your car would be running off the idle circuit when this is happening so I guess it's of interest. You can set it pretty easy with a vacuum gauge.