I had a 9.5" converter that flashed 5000 behind my pump gas 408, it went 1.38 60' in race trim on radials and 1.41 in street trim at 3260#. After about 2 years the 60', et and mph started going away and I noticed while driving it that it seemed my transmission seemed to slip in high gear if I really got after it hard. Last winter with a lot of information from John Cope I built a new transmission, steel drum and all new consumable parts. Put it in and had the same exact problem so I took the transmission out and to a local shop and told them to fix whatever I had screwed up. A week later I pick it up and asked what was wrong with it, nothing, he said it was perfect. My converter was junk, it had started going away almost three years ago.

I ended up going with Ultimate for the new converter. After a couple phone conversations Lenny decided an 8" would work best for my car, so that's what I ordered. It flashes 5200-5400, a little looser than we were looking for, but he did a great job considering I had no dyno numbers. It is a little looser while out driving but no issues so far. When I finally get my fuel issues sorted out and some new radials I'll see what it does at the strip.