Guys,

Dans family was hoping that the news could be held back a day or two, so that they could get a few things taken care of, but I guess the " cat is out of the bag" now.

Let me first make a correction. Dan passed away Monday morning, not today. The family is dealing with what anyone obviously has to during these difficult times. I was going to make a post tommorrow in detail, but here we are.

I am asking a favor, on behalf of the Costello family. PLEASE simply hold off with any questions, any visits to the shop, any contact with Dans employees or helpers etc.Everything will be handled , and everyone will be taken care of, WHEN THE TIME IS RIGHT. There have already been people stopping and getting stuff, and Dan has barely been gone a day. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE give the family some time to get things in order, and give Dan his proper due and send off.

As things progress, you will understand why some things went the direction they did.

When things settle a bit, there will be more announcements and information, but I beg everyone, please hold back for a bit, and just give Dan his moment of peace, along with his family for the time being.

The family will establish a means of contacting them, after they get things settled a bit.

For the record, Dan and I were great friends, often mentioning we were more like brothers than friends. Dan had some difficult situations to deal with in recent times, and right up until the end, he kept in touch with me, and we exchanged some pleasantries and some words in private, and Dan still stayed positive, and reminded me of how much he cared for the people around him.

Rest in peace, Dan, you will be missed by many, but never forgotten.

RIP Monte Smith

Your work is a reflection of yourself, autograph it with quality.

WD for Diamond Pistons,Sidewinder cylinder heads, Wiseco, K1 rods and cranks,BAM lifters, Morel lifters, Molnar Technologies, Harland Sharp, Pro Gear, Cometic, King Engine Bearings and many others.