Moparts

Dan from Performance Only

Posted By: poisondart2

Dan from Performance Only - 05/20/14 09:48 PM

I was just contacted by a good friend of Dans to let me know that Dan has passed today.
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/20/14 09:56 PM

Oh No!! Todd at CWE and I were just pming each other about Dan.
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/20/14 10:00 PM

In the "Benefit" post it sounded like he was improving.

Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/20/14 10:03 PM

Very sorry to hear this! Dan was one heck of a good guy and will be missed by many.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/20/14 10:05 PM

I read this, closed out Moparts, told a small walk and came back to see if this post was still here hoping it wasn't. I'm kinda speechless. Never meet the man face to face but dealt with him for several cranks, bearings and piston sets over the years and he was always GREAT to deal with. You and your knowledge will be missed. RIP Dan. Prayers sent to you and your Family.
Posted By: sg66mopar

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/20/14 10:15 PM

Wow, I'm shocked and saddened. RIP
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/20/14 10:15 PM

wow thats not good news at all, RIP Dan
Posted By: GTX MATT

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/20/14 10:21 PM

RIP Dan

He was always very helpful
Posted By: Copper Dart

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/20/14 10:22 PM

Just informed by my brother.
I'm Speechless

Denial ? Don't know what I'm feeling.
Shock.
Please let us know if there is anything we can do.
Copper
Posted By: modelmakerinc

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/20/14 10:23 PM

I am speechless, called my brother (copperdart) and we both just don't even know what to say.
Please, those who are closest to him give us details on anyway we can help. We live relatively close and will do what we can.

R.I.P. Dan such a great guy you will be missed.
Posted By: Jeepmon

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/20/14 10:34 PM

DAMMIT !!!!
Posted By: BJS racing

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/20/14 10:54 PM

It truely saddens me to hear about this. I bought a crank from him back in the day when he was doing the group buy on K-1 cranks. He even held the crank for me at the same price when I got hammered in my divorce. I don't know how many times I have talked to him over the years but I can say I've never met anyone that is as willing to stop and talk to you even if it has nothing to do with buisness. Dan you will be greatly missed here brother! Now get them angels some serious horsepower!
Posted By: justinp61

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/20/14 10:57 PM

I'm shocked. Rest in Peace Dan, you were one of the good ones on Moparts. Gods speed.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/20/14 11:00 PM

Man, what a kick in the gut.

Dan putting on the finishing touches on the motor.

Hitting the dyno the next day.

Posted By: CompWedgeEngines

PLEASE>>PLEASE>>PLEASE>>READ !!!!! - 05/20/14 11:17 PM

Guys,

Dans family was hoping that the news could be held back a day or two, so that they could get a few things taken care of, but I guess the " cat is out of the bag" now.

Let me first make a correction. Dan passed away Monday morning, not today. The family is dealing with what anyone obviously has to during these difficult times. I was going to make a post tommorrow in detail, but here we are.

I am asking a favor, on behalf of the Costello family. PLEASE simply hold off with any questions, any visits to the shop, any contact with Dans employees or helpers etc.Everything will be handled , and everyone will be taken care of, WHEN THE TIME IS RIGHT. There have already been people stopping and getting stuff, and Dan has barely been gone a day. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE give the family some time to get things in order, and give Dan his proper due and send off.

As things progress, you will understand why some things went the direction they did.

When things settle a bit, there will be more announcements and information, but I beg everyone, please hold back for a bit, and just give Dan his moment of peace, along with his family for the time being.

The family will establish a means of contacting them, after they get things settled a bit.

For the record, Dan and I were great friends, often mentioning we were more like brothers than friends. Dan had some difficult situations to deal with in recent times, and right up until the end, he kept in touch with me, and we exchanged some pleasantries and some words in private, and Dan still stayed positive, and reminded me of how much he cared for the people around him.

Rest in peace, Dan, you will be missed by many, but never forgotten.
Posted By: tboomer

Re: PLEASE>>PLEASE>>PLEASE>>READ !!!!! - 05/20/14 11:21 PM

Quote:

I am asking a favor, on behalf of the Costello family. PLEASE simply hold off with any questions, any visits to the shop, any contact with Dans employees or helpers etc.Everything will be handled , and everyone will be taken care of, WHEN THE TIME IS RIGHT. There have already been people stopping and getting stuff, and Dan has barely been gone a day. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE give the family some time to get things in order, and give Dan his proper due and send off.

Well stated Todd. Let's all please respect Dan and his family at this time.
Posted By: gillman34

Re: PLEASE>>PLEASE>>PLEASE>>READ !!!!! - 05/20/14 11:32 PM

Terrible news,Dan was one of the greats,he will be sorely missed.
My condolences to his family and friends.
R.I.P. Dan
Posted By: sixpackgut

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/20/14 11:32 PM

I feel like i lost my father and best friend. Sad day for all of us.
Posted By: Efidart

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/20/14 11:46 PM

Dan always took the time to chat on the phone and give advice regardless if you were ordering parts or not.
He will be missed and his knowledge was 2nd to none.

RIP Dan.
Posted By: earthmover

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/20/14 11:51 PM

so sad to hear this ..RIP DAN
Posted By: a493demon

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/21/14 12:26 AM

RIP
Posted By: Moparnut426

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/21/14 12:40 AM

RIP.
Wish I was able to have met him. We became pretty good phone buddies.
Posted By: MikeyT

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/21/14 12:49 AM

Wow, that just floors me:(. I am so sorry to hear that, he was a great person who was always willing to help and talk with you about engine related stuff... My thoughts and prayers for his family and his Moparts family as well.

RIP Dan

Mike
Posted By: dc426

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/21/14 12:54 AM

Sad
Posted By: Tig

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/21/14 12:58 AM

Sad to hear this.
Posted By: DusterDave

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/21/14 01:03 AM

With a heavy heart, I am grieving with the rest of you. Dan left us way too soon. A great man, both on a professional level and on a personal level, Dan was the most honest, genuine, and selfless person I've ever known. I will miss him greatly. Rest in peace in Heaven, my friend.

My sincerest condolences go out to Dan's family members.
Posted By: Dartin

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/21/14 01:07 AM

Sad news for sure. Prayers for Dan and his family.

Randy
Posted By: sasquatch

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/21/14 01:30 AM

While most people might consider Dan and I business rivals nothing could be further from the truth. He and I talked several times over the years and he was always great to deal with. Take care ol man. Todd
Posted By: Dap

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/21/14 01:45 AM

This is such sad news. RIP Dan
Posted By: mshred

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/21/14 01:48 AM

This is bad news....RIP Dan
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/21/14 01:50 AM

VERY upsetting
Posted By: Eric

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/21/14 01:52 AM

Moparts has lost one of the big gears in the machine....prayers for Dan and his family. Hoping he is at peace.
Posted By: David_in_St_Croi

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/21/14 01:59 AM

Oh no, that is just awful news. I never met Dan in person but we had many fine phone conversations over the years involving the various iterations of engines he built for our RR. Usually it would start out engine related but would eventually end up covering any topic under the sun. Terrible news.

I just spoke with Craig (at Performance Only) yesterday and had no idea, I had heard Dan was getting better.

RIP Dan

Dave and Michelle
Posted By: B1KILLER

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/21/14 02:30 AM

Im so saddened by this, he looked like he was improving,last time I was over to see him. Dan was a hell of guy, I will miss going by his shop and bs with him. God Speed.
Posted By: FastOne

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/21/14 02:30 AM

When Moparts had the chat we had many conversations, Dan always answered my emails, a great man & will be very sadly missed
Posted By: VernMotor

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/21/14 02:32 AM

I am shocked. I am sad. tearful ...I don't know what else to say
Posted By: HEMIDARTS

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/21/14 02:45 AM

Dan was a great guy. When i saw him at his shop 2 months ago, it never occurred to me that i would not get the chance to see him again. I truely believed I would be shooting the breeze at the shop with him in the near future.
Posted By: meepmeep70

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/21/14 03:16 AM

Shocking,sad news,thought he was getting better, never met him did what I could to help,just beside myself RIP, no idea what to even say, way to young
Posted By: quickd100

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/21/14 03:16 AM

Only knew Dan from Moparts but I knew he was a class act. He was on my bucket list of people I wanted to meet in person. When he posted or responded to a post I paid attention.
My deepest sympathies to his family and friends he will be profoundly missed by all. Dave
Posted By: D-50

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/21/14 03:17 AM

I am sad to here this..
Posted By: BradH

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/21/14 03:27 AM

My condolences to his family.
Posted By: Shoozy

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/21/14 03:32 AM

Few members have the impact on so many here. As an outsider who never met or spoke with him I believe that 1) he was widely respected professionally and personally; 2) he was a respectful and loyal friend; 3) he will be profoundly missed. May his family and his friends find peace.
Posted By: Moparnut426

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/21/14 03:56 AM

I have to agree with the post about when he would post, I would defiantly pay attention. When dad was sick with cancer he was great!! He charged what I though was very cheap, did the work, shipped it to Wyoming, and everything was perfectly done. Dad was so impressed that he called up Dan and he and Dad shot the breeze for a while. When Dad passed, Dan was very respectful with me and I never knew I'd be remembering building that 440 not only with Dad, but also with Dan. I don't know who I'll call to ask my off the wall Mopar related questions anymore.

I have a phone number for flowers if anyone else wants it I'll share it with ya.
Posted By: dusturbd340W5

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/21/14 04:13 AM

RIP Dan
Posted By: rickstershemi

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/21/14 04:21 AM

Quote:

With a heavy heart, I am grieving with the rest of you. Dan left us way too soon. A great man, both on a professional level and on a personal level, Dan was the most honest, genuine, and selfless person I've ever known. I will miss him greatly. Rest in peace in Heaven, my friend.

My sincerest condolences go out to Dan's family members.

Dave.....

I'm Floored by this sad news....Dan....well an awesome guy who poured his heart and soul into his love for his work and a friend to all.

Rest in Peace Friend you will be missed by many

Rick
Posted By: 9SecRoadRunner

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/21/14 04:33 AM

thoughts and prayers to the family and friends, Rest in Peace Dan....
Posted By: jcc

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/21/14 04:34 AM

If Moparts ever adds an engine forum, I vote it be named something like, Engines "Performance Only"
Posted By: Stroker Scamp

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/21/14 04:39 AM

Never met or talked with him but followed every post he was on, sure sounded like a great guy. RIP
Posted By: wyoming

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/21/14 04:50 AM

Never met or talked to Dan either, but read his post, they were allways good, RIP
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/21/14 04:59 AM

Here I thought he was getting better, then this...
I'm saddened.. I only talked with Dan a couple of times
on the phone and of course he helped me out... RIP Dan
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/21/14 05:44 AM

Quote:

I was just contacted by a good friend of Dans to let me know that Dan has passed today.

This is absolutily horrible news and just caught this............... I feel horrible cos Dan and I would talk for hours on the phone about cars, fights and life in general. Wish I had a 1/2 of his knowledge and experience. He will truly be missed.........
Posted By: Triple Threat

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/21/14 06:18 AM

RIP Dan. Moparts and the world lost a good one. You'll be missed!
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/21/14 07:52 AM

Condolences to the family.
Posted By: Polarapete

Re: PLEASE>>PLEASE>>PLEASE>>READ !!!!! - 05/21/14 08:17 AM

Quote:

Guys,

Dans family was hoping that the news could be held back a day or two, so that they could get a few things taken care of, but I guess the " cat is out of the bag" now.

Let me first make a correction. Dan passed away Monday morning, not today. The family is dealing with what anyone obviously has to during these difficult times. I was going to make a post tommorrow in detail, but here we are.

As things progress, you will understand why some things went the direction they did.

When things settle a bit, there will be more announcements and information, but I beg everyone, please hold back for a bit, and just give Dan his moment of peace, along with his family for the time being.

The family will establish a means of contacting them, after they get things settled a bit.

For the record, Dan and I were great friends, often mentioning we were more like brothers than friends. Dan had some difficult situations to deal with in recent times, and right up until the end, he kept in touch with me, and we exchanged some pleasantries and some words in private, and Dan still stayed positive, and reminded me of how much he cared for the people around him.

Rest in peace, Dan, you will be missed by many, but never forgotten.

The only decent thing to do is to give the family time to deal with this privately. I did not know the man and never had any dealings with him, but as time goes by I have lost friends that have meant a lot to me and the best you can do for the living is to give them space and time.
Posted By: Leigh

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/21/14 09:37 AM

So sorry to hear. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.
Posted By: Scamp408

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/21/14 11:00 AM

He will be missed . Seems like just yesterday he was up in NJ eating dinner with my family as we were discussing my engine build. He was honest kind and very easy to talk to. I almost feel like I was talking to my own Dad that passed on years earlier. I am still shocked WOW. I will remember you always Dan.
Posted By: 440PURSUIT

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/21/14 12:54 PM

Boy this is really a shock! My heart goes out to those close to Dan.

We developed a nice relationship over the past year.
Dan decided to take on my Pro Tour Charger 496 Engine rework.
He was always forthright in a nice way about what I had and where we could go reasonably with the project. I respected that greatly.

Dan always took the time on the phone or when I came to visit in Del Ray to spend the time to show me the progress and help advance my knowledge.

Best Wishes to his close friends and family. He is greatly missed.

I suspect I'll visit with his business rep once things calm down.

RIP-
Chris Kalisz
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/21/14 01:08 PM

So sorry to hear of this. My condolences to his family.
Posted By: roadhazard

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/21/14 02:19 PM

This is just sad, terrible news
I tried to post 3 times and just can not come up with words to express my sincere condolences to all of Dan's family and friends.

I had the pleasure of working with Dan on a professional level. Our conversations were always entertaining and you could tell his passion and love of his work.

The racing community has certainly lost a great person. God speed Dan
Posted By: Big Squeeze

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/21/14 02:40 PM

So sad to hear...he texted me last week and seemed upbeat...
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/21/14 04:19 PM

I don't know what to say. Dan was such a good friend to me and the person I looked to when I needed an answer for so many many things, he was the older brother I never had. I remember the times we spent together, the first time I actually met him was dynoing the Enginemasters entry, what a blast that was. That man forgot more than I'll ever know.

I talked to him a couple weeks ago while he was in the hospital and he sounded very upbeat and positive that he was on the mend.

RIP my friend , prayers to family and friends , you'll be missed by many ...

Posted By: 1Fast340

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/21/14 05:02 PM

My condoleances to Danīs family and those who where near him. may Dan rest in peace
Posted By: jcc

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/21/14 05:30 PM

Yes he did

Attached picture 8151171-img337_edited-1.jpg
Posted By: SNK-EYZ

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/21/14 06:30 PM

Sad new, RIP Dan.
Posted By: 70440+6bbl

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/21/14 06:31 PM

RIP Dan
Posted By: OhioMopar

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/21/14 07:03 PM

I never had the pleasure. But I tried to pay attention when he posted.
Posted By: Hemi_Joel

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/21/14 07:46 PM

How sad and shocking to hear this. It seems that Dan has been here forever with his very trustworthy advice. Pneumonia is bad stuff. My condolences to Dans family.
Posted By: GY3

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/22/14 12:43 AM

My condolences and prayers go out to his family.
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/22/14 01:03 AM

A true Mopar genius, he will be missed...
Posted By: Plumb Wired

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/22/14 01:06 AM

I enjoyed Dan's post, sorry to hear of his passing. Condolences to his family.
Posted By: David_in_St_Croi

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/22/14 02:01 AM

Quote:

Yes he did

Jcc, I am proud to say I have one of Dan's stickers that you posted on the window of the RR.

Still hard to believe.
Posted By: Three40

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/22/14 02:40 AM

I don't know what to say.Dan was and will always be one of the greats. Truly talented in many ways.One of the sharpest in the business.Many great chats with him on the phone and at The PRI show in Orlando Florida about Engines,drums and life in general. My deepest condolences to his family and friends. Rest in peace brother Dan. Play the drums with Buddy Rich up in heaven and know you will always be missed my friend.
Your Mopar and drum buddy, Ron @ Diamond Racing. :angel
Posted By: BSB67

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/22/14 05:13 AM

Very sad news. Condolences to friends and family.
Posted By: RUNCHARGER

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/22/14 05:54 AM

Sad news indeed, RIP.

Sheldon
Posted By: BloFish

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/22/14 06:29 AM

Posted By: deaks

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/22/14 12:47 PM

Very sad. One of the things that attracted me to this part of the website was the contributions from Dan, Jeff, Todd etc.
Condolences to the family
Mick
Posted By: MLR426

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/22/14 03:39 PM

Sorry to hear the news of Dans passing we all learned something from him. His contributions and insite were valuable to many people.

MLR426
Posted By: cudarex

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/22/14 08:34 PM

GOD bless his family during this difficult time.
Posted By: 68KillerBee

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/22/14 09:30 PM

Terrible to hear. I was talked into him setting up a stroker kit for me and we were working on it when he got sick. RIP
Posted By: dogdays

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/23/14 12:18 AM

Dan was an intelligent guy who helped a lot of people, called a spade a spade, didn't take crap from anyone, and gave out a ton of good advice on this board.
We lost a great resource and friend.

R.
Posted By: Bigcube

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/23/14 06:07 PM

I'm in shock. I had seen the posts of him being in the hospital and thought this was the same thread. Dan was a huge help when I put my motor together, many of the parts were ordered though him. I wouldn't have gone as fast as I did without his help. I'm thankful I had the pleasure of meeting him in person. Very sorry to hear the news. My sincere condolences to his family. RIP Dan.
Posted By: moper

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/23/14 06:28 PM

Very sad news indeed. Sending wishes for peace to his family and friends.
RIP Dan
Posted By: KB RACING ENG

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/23/14 07:54 PM

We are very sad to hear of Dan's passing and want to pass along our prayers and well wishes to Dan's family and friends during this difficult time.

From Ken Black and everyone at KBRE
Posted By: RobX4406

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/23/14 08:02 PM

Horrible news to read. RIP Dan.
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/23/14 08:32 PM

Terrible news Haven't been around here much lately, stopped by and found this. SMH.

My sympathy to his family and friends.
Posted By: jim sciortino

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/23/14 09:02 PM

What a shame....

R.I.P.
Posted By: CompWedgeEngines

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/23/14 10:21 PM

Just for a quick update. Dans family will be having services in Syracuse NEw York on June 28th 2014.There are a fair amount of members who may want to attend who are within driving distance, so I hope some may attend. I have recieved the blessing from the family, to do a nice big smoky burnout at the services, with one of Dans favorite Mopars that he owned, a 67 Coronet R/T. More details to follow, and thank you everyone for the kind words and wishes for Dans family. It has been a great challenge for them, and they have been amazed at the support and number of friends Dan had in the Mopar community. It all helps.
Posted By: Brian Hafliger

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/24/14 01:21 AM

So sorry to hear of Dans passing...this was a shock and I'll miss his phone calls and his posts. Don't know what else to say...very sad news.
Posted By: jamesc

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/24/14 03:21 AM

wow this is sad, having read he was sick i fully expected him to be back here telling of how he overcame the ordeal. it's been some time but we've spoken on a number of occasions and i ordered a callies crank and diamond pistons from him, he always had time to talk shop.

RIP Dan we'll miss you
Posted By: bigtimeauto

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/24/14 04:25 AM

sad to hear, RIP, Prayers to the family

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/24/14 01:55 PM

Quote:

If Moparts ever adds an engine forum, I vote it be named something like, Engines "Performance Only"

X2
Posted By: dartman366

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/24/14 03:52 PM

Haven't posted anything till now,,guess I am still in denial that this has happened, and still really don't know what to say other than the motorsports industry has lost one heck of a man that we will all sorely miss.
Posted By: DusterDave

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/24/14 05:03 PM

As we mourn the loss of Dan, let us also celebrate the man and his legacy. Here is Dan, back in October 2012, prepping my 318 stroker for its first dyno pull. Dan built it for my Jeep Wrangler project.

Here is Dan, along with Gary Davis (Unlawfl) back in February 2001, helping me get my 440 running for the first time. Gary and Dan were awesome guys, because they had volunteered to spend the entire day (in Dan's case, two days) to help someone they had never met before.

Posted By: moparmacka

Re: PLEASE>>PLEASE>>PLEASE>>READ !!!!! - 05/25/14 01:26 AM

My sincerest condolences to his family and friends. He will be sadly missed.
Great guy to talk to both socially and on a professional level, and nothing was a problem even being on the other side of planet.

RIP Mate!
Posted By: EvilB1Dart

Re: PLEASE>>PLEASE>>PLEASE>>READ !!!!! - 05/25/14 03:49 AM

Wow. This is sad news to read. RIP Dan.
Posted By: MT-Tom

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/25/14 04:17 AM

Dan was a genuine good guy, long time friend and also a good customer. I will always remember the long phone conversations we had (many lasting over an hour) where we talked about everything under the sun. I am sure everyone on this forum will miss him. I know I will. My condolances to his family. RIP my friend.

Tom Molnar
Molnar Technologies
Posted By: bcrproducts

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/25/14 06:58 AM

Just donated to his cause and am very sorry to hear the news. Did business with Dan several years back and he was a stand up guy with a critical eye for perfection. I admired his skills and quirky style here on Moparts. whenever he chimed in on a post I always had to read it as you never new what direction he was going to go. Very entertaining knowledgeable guy. I hope the family all the best in this tough time!!!

Greg Henderson BCRproducts
Posted By: 408cuda

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/25/14 07:23 AM

Don't get on here very much these days and see this. So sorry for his family. Dan was top notch. Almost all the parts for my Hemi build have come from him and it was IMPOSSIBLE to have a short conversation with him. Such a nice and intelligent guy to talk with. RIP Dan, you will be missed.
Posted By: sunroofgtx

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/25/14 07:57 AM

Man, what is with this!? This truly sucks. RIP , Dan. Really great meeting him and Jimmy with the ProMod Dart. Very sad.
Here Dan is in Jimmy's trailer at the Mopar Nats when I first fitted his engine with wires. Great meeting these Florida guys for the first time.

Larry Smith peeking in.

Posted By: smokinwoody

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/26/14 08:10 PM

this news shocked me....RIP Dan...

prayers
Posted By: mopar dave

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/27/14 03:44 AM

RIP Dan.
Posted By: dannysbee

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/27/14 04:06 AM

A huge loss to the community. RIP Dan.
Posted By: blown572dart

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/27/14 05:12 AM

Very sad news indeed. R.I.P.
Posted By: BBR

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/27/14 05:19 AM

I never spoke with Dan personally, but did exchange PMs a few times. He will surely be missed. R.I.P. Dan.
Posted By: Streetwize

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/27/14 03:55 PM

I am deeply saddened and somewhat shocked to hear this.....I thought he was "on the mend". I was looking forward to calling him after the week-end to see how he was.

I had never met Dan but spoke to him dozens of times, several times well into the night. He did the offset grind on my 517 motor, Which was the motor I built in Honor of Gary Davis as he said his next project was going to be a low deck stroker. Dan though this was a cool tribute and was very supportive to me all through the buiild.

We all worked together on the Engine Masters project and that was a lot of fun, Dan was a true "old school" master craftsman, I will miss him greatly and remember him as an honored friend. It's still 'sinking in' and I'm still a bit off kilter trying to process.....May God's grace be upon his family and all of us, his many friends.
Posted By: HardcoreB

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/30/14 05:53 PM

I am sorry to hear about this. My condolences to all friends and family.
Posted By: gch

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/31/14 05:32 PM

You are never prepared to hear of someones passing.Dan did a crank for me last year and spent numerous times on the phone discussing my stuff and mopars in general.He will be missed and my deepest condolences to his family,friends,and the mopar community.
When I can afford to build the motor it will be a little more special knowing he did the crank and gave me the guidance to achieve my goal.
Posted By: Leon441

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/31/14 08:21 PM

Don't remember ever meeting Dan. Pmed a few times. Sad news

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/31/14 10:27 PM

Here is a question for those who knew Dan the best.

Where would Dan send someone for Quality Machine Work if he had to refer.

Selfishly, I would ask "Dan, where should I take my 440 (that you built) if you weren't around."

I don't need anything, just thinking out loud.
I still can't believe it.
RIP Dan
Posted By: B5 Bee

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 05/31/14 11:19 PM

I was planning on meeting Dan next year and have him build a new motor for my '67 Belvedere.
Shocking and sad news.

RIP Dan
Posted By: babe_n_indy

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 06/01/14 01:05 AM

I am so sorry for you loss. Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Posted By: b1dartsport

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 06/01/14 01:12 AM

Very shocking news...Dan PMed me many times when I was building my R3 and helped me a lot on some of the quirks...I really feel bad for his family, I have been very ill myself lately and know what my family is going through. What a great loss to the Mopar community and to Moparts, Dan was just one of those people that was the very fiber of this sight and his contribution to it should be remembered always. Godspeed My Friend And may God be kind to the giving and considerate person you were in life.
Posted By: I_bleed_MOPAR

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 06/01/14 07:02 PM

Shocked and saddened to hear this. I knew he was sick but thought he was out of the woods. I just don't get over to the race board enough.
RIP, Dan. His family and friends are in our thoughts and prayers.

Tim
Posted By: ChallengerGary

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 07/16/14 09:12 PM

I just had a customer come by and mentioned he wanted a 440 built, I said "you need to go to Dan at Performance Only, he's the guy to do it." He replied, "when was the last time you talked to him..." and at that point I knew it was bad news. last time I saw him was probably back in April at his shop. Great Guy, he will be missed
Posted By: Brian Hafliger

Re: Dan from Performance Only - 07/17/14 01:19 AM

Quote:

Here is a question for those who knew Dan the best.

Where would Dan send someone for Quality Machine Work if he had to refer.

Selfishly, I would ask "Dan, where should I take my 440 (that you built) if you weren't around."

I don't need anything, just thinking out loud.
I still can't believe it.
RIP Dan

There are plenty of good engine builders out there....word of mouth is the best IMO!
The older I get, the more I wish things stayed the same! I miss a lot of people that have passed on, so I've been spending more time with my boys (ages 2 and 5), my wife, and family I ordinarily don't see often! Gotta live it up while you can!!
© 2024 Moparts Forums