I'm trying to find cheap bigger wheels- new or used, aftermarket or some OEM - to put on my '67 Coronet wagon.

I'd like to stick with 16 or 17 inch wheels to retain some sidewall for comfort.

I've considered some Mustang or Panther wheels but I'm not sure how they work clearance/offset-wise on my car. Most Ford wheels I've seen on A-bodies don't have enough negative offset to not look out of place on a bigger car like mine, IMO.

Same thing with a lot of general aftermarket wheels and even later-model OE Charger/Challenger wheels - too much offset, no rim lip, looks goofy (I've seen B-bodies with the lower-end Challenger blocky five spokes and it doesn't do it for me at all).

This is what my car looks like now on 15s with small hubcaps - I really dig how it looks, but 215/75s...

I like upsized Torq Thrust-type wheels like this... but I also don't want to run straight to Torq Thrusts since everyone and their dog goes for that style at some point.

So my goals are: cheap (around $1000 for a set tops), works with the body style, decent street tire selection. I'm asking because so far I've only been able to figure out what DOESN'T look good, and this particular forum is more open-minded than ye olde Mopar Or No Car hardliners :P

What do you think I should consider? If hub bores or brake rotors need to be trimmed some to fit that's NBD.

1967 Dodge Coronet Deluxe station wagon

1.03" T-bars, QA1 arms/rods, Cordoba/GM Metric/Volare brake & knuckle, XHDs, Hellwig rear sway, 318 Magnum w/ air gap, 727, 3.23s