Quote:

Back in the day it was pretty well known that the magazine test cars were wringers. Warmed over.
I seen a many of 383 car back in the day that couldn't break into the 14's. That is just the way things were.

I meant stock. I wasn't calling anyone out. I was just making a statement. Are you coming to the Mega Mopar Show? Maybe we can line up a grudge race.

I think this conversation has just about run its course. But I'll say again, that I think your sons turbo-4 obviously runs real well, and I root for you to hit your goal of getting it into the 13's. However, I also think you're underestimating what a good running 383 could do. Any half-way competent owner could have a 383 'Runner knocking on the 13 second door with a couple of small tricks. I also think that 340 A-body's were every big block guys worst nightmare and have run across PLENTY that were faster than mid-14's in stock or nearly stock trim. I'm not trying to demean your sons car, I'm merely standing up for the 60's cars.

Thanks for the invite to Mega Mopar, though. I genuinely wish I could be there, but I live in the NW and don't get to see any of these great events. Tell you what; I'll offer you a little incentive to get your goal accomplished. I'll encourage you the entire summer to do whatever you can to that stout little 4-banger. Post up your best Time-Slip with video of the car running that time to back it up, and I'll reply with a similar post up of one of my timeslips. We could call it a cross-country grudge match (??).

PS: The Satellite now runs a fairly stout 451; so you may need to wield your biggest hammer in getting the turbo car ready.

LemonWedge - Street heavy / Strip ready - 11.07 @ 120