Quote:

Quote:

This little car would blow away 383 and 340 cars. It would take a good running 440 to beat it.
I'm getting drag radials. It will run well into the 13's with drag radials. Then I'm going to turn up the boost and shoot for the 12's. That is as far as I will take it with the stock motor.
I ran a new Camaro ZL 1 yesterday. He didn't beat me by much. A little traction and I most likely would have beat him. He was running drag radials and the tires were more than double the width of the tires on the GLHS.

Traction is part of the package. Sorry, but especially on the street, a rear-drive car is gonna have an advantage over a FWD almost every time due to the traction issue. To say it would smoke 383 & 340 cars??? Well, you just dont have the facts to back that up. When my Satellite had the orig. 150k mile 2-bbl 383 with the basic stuff (mild hyd. cam; intake; carb; headers), it ran 13.80's. 383 Road Runners & 340 Darts are pretty much shoe-in's for a 13 second time slip. No offense, but your sons car is a full half second off that pace. The clocks don't lie, and right now its a mid 14 second car. Lack of traction isn't something specific to your car, and it isn't because you're making so much HP it cant hook up. It's the nature of FWD cars. I don't mean to flame, but I just really don't like the "It would beat this car IF" stuff.... The guy in the other lane probably has an IF too.

Traction is part of the equation and the tires on this car are terrible.
I said stock 383 and 340's.
A 383 two barrel is a 15 second combo from the factory if your lucky. I seen some in the 16's over the years.
I ordered tires today. This should put the car solid into the 13's. Most likely faster than 13.80's.
I don't believe the fwd is what made the car so hard to get a good time slip as much as the turbo.
On my 440 Cuda back in the day the first run down the track on G60 polyglas tires I ran a 14.40 blowing the tires off. But with in a few passes I was able to get the car down to a 13.60 et on the same tires.The same car ran 13.02 a couple of weeks later on slicks. The advantage of the 440 was bottom end torque. I could leave off idle and ride the clutch and the car would pull smoothly to red line. The small cubic inch turbo motor gets all its power from the turbo. When you try and leave at low RPM's it leaves like a dog until the turbo spools and then it blows the tires off.
The traction issue is why back in the 70's many small blocks had a reputation of being able to beat big blocks with much more hp on the street. But if you get tires and hook the big block up the race has a totally different out come. When I say IF I mean I am going to correct the IF and go out and prove it. I'm not the guy that says things but never try's to prove them. Like the car show crowd.