Quote:

but I can't figure out how to attach the red wire where it needs to go. I guess I need a picture. This is going on a 68 Fury and the ballast resistor is actually mounted on the inner fender area by the drivers side hood hinge, so the wire is not long enough to reach the resistor

When you installed the Pertronix in the distributor, you now have 2 wires (leads) RED AND BLACK, the RED goes to the POSITVE (+) side of the coil, the BLACK wire goes to the NEGITIVE(-) side of the coil, the BLUE wire, or the IGNITION wire from your bulkhead terminal goes to the POSITIVE (+) side of the coil, this is for a 12 volt system, GET RID OF THE BALLAST RESISTOR, 2 ways to do this, either install the #10 gauge insulated wire in the resistor after gutting the coil out of it like I described above in my other post, or just connect the two wires that go to the ballast resistor together, either with a double blade connector, or cut the ends off and solder them together, if you do the dummy ballast conversion, it will look stock, and the wiring will remain stock, but either choice is yours, BUT GET RID OF THE BALLAST RESISTOR

USE THE PROPER FLAME THROWER COIL as it's ohm rating and turn ratio are different than the stock coil