Quote:

Joe,

Have you kept in touch with Don Carlton jr since his dads accident ?? I know he's kept a very low profile since his fathers passing.I have been told he is in the stock car chassis business. If you have some extra time you should catch the Southern Drag Race Expo & NC Drag Racing Hall of Fame the weekend of Jan 29 30 lots of Mopar Pro stock racers and team members are there every year.

Chris,

My wife Lynn and I traveled to NC in the fall of 2005 to ride our bicycles (yea, I know what you guys are thinking...) along stretches of the Blue Ridge Mountain Parkway - we rode about 100 miles of it. While we were there, we traveled back to Hudson and made arrangements to spend an afternoon with young Don. To say the least, it was an emotional trip for me. I had not set eyes on that shop since the day we buried Donnie back in 1977 and I honestly did not know what to expect. We ended up having a great visit and also went up the hill to his mom's house and spent a couple hours with Jonnie as well. She had been up to Michigan a couple of times over the years for visits but young Don had not. It was good to be there. It made me realize how much I miss Don Carlton - he was a great racer, a great boss, and a great friend.

Joe Pappas

Joe Pappas
MOPAR MISSILE