Quote:

Quote:

So on a whim I picked up a new radio for my RR. My factory radio has never worked as far as I know, and there are no speakers in the car. During a trip to Best Buy I bought this: kenwood I also got a pair of 6x9's for the package tray. For now, I have no plans on front speakers.

Has anyone installed this particular radio or something similar? Of course there is no "install" kit available from Kenwood. I do not want to cut up my dash at all. I already have a radio plate, but I have no clue what else I need. How did you guys get these radios secured to the dash? What kind of fabrication is there?

Any thoughts on the speakers as well? Like I said, for now I only have a pair of 6x9's for the rear. I dont expect absolute perfect sound quality....Just something decent to listen to while cruising down the road.

Thanks.

A couple of suggestions..
Check out.. www.Classicindustries.com
Search out:
1. #MB15106
Mounting plate precut for a single din CD/AM/FM head unit, bolts rite in
2. #MB2098
Dual 3.5" spkrs and mounting plate
3. #MB2099
Like MB2098 but uses the better quality Kenwood speakers

I originally made my own front plate and speaker adapter for my RoadRunner, but now these are mass produced. Put ur 6x9"s in the rear tray and either #2 or #3 and U will have a solid, quality system. Also I put an iPod in the glove box..

Note that I do custom audio installs for different show cars (SEMA, CES), and can advise further if U need more support.

I hope that helps U.

Just my $0.05...

the 'cage' will hold it in and get a back brace for the rear of the unit. the only issue and it's a silght issue is getting the unit level enough so the cd has clearance under the heater controls. i of course assumed this was a 68-70 RR because they are of course the coolest........