Quote:

What rockers would you use for a set of aluminum Edelbrock heads 6017's and a mild Voodoo cam in a 340? The eddies recommend roller rockers and I am still working to diagnose a valve train noise issue with the stock rockers. So, I am considering going ahead and popping for some adjustable rockers. Are there any adjustable rockers that will work with the Edelbrock heads that will use my stock hydraulic lifters? I thought about 273 rockers but have heard conflicting info on their use with hydraulic lifters. I just built the motor and the lifters are new. Plus I really don't wan't to yank my intake if I don't have to. I'm just skittish about the stock rockers ability to hold up.

Both my 440 and my 340 have edlebrock heads on them now.

Edlebrock recommends adjustable rockers arms, not roller rockers. Because there are so many variances in even stock engines, that sometimes stock length pushrods are going to be the wrong length. With adj rockers you can compensate for that.

Sometimes they are the right length and guys can run stock non adjustable rockers just fine.

You must understand how to insure you have the right pre load with hydraulic lifters. It don't matter one bit what kind of rockers you are running. You must have the intake manifold off to setup pre load so you can see the lifter and the plunger inside it,IMO.

It's a lot harder to do with a stock rocker on a shaft. Individual adjustable rockers are much easier and more precise to check for proper pre load.

FWIW I have been running Crane gold rockers on both my cars with hydraulic cams for over 20+ years on my 340. I used them on both iron and aluminum heads. I have beat the crap out of my 340 over the years and they are still in the motor today. Drove the car last night.

Last edited by Challenger 1; 03/22/14 10:43 AM.