Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Only problem you will have is KB pistons normally
call for a tight piston to wall... you might be way
above that.... time to hone it and measure what you
get... then based on that make your call

I'm sure your right....just didn't want to waste my time honing if it was way too much wear to even consider trying it.

I'll give her a try....

You should find an old block to practice on. It's very unlikely as a new user with the AN style hone that you'll get the cylinders straight and round and also with the correct cross hatch. Also, make sure the drill you use is variable speed so you can time the stroke vs. head rotation to work on the cross hatch.
I somehow manage to get a few of those blocks in every year that are pretty messed up because the user thought "how hard can it be?" It takes practice to get it right.

I don't try to hand hone blocks anymore. I have found that a good power honing with a Sunnen or equivalent to be much more accurate. As for the varible speed drill sugestion, I have used an air powered drill with a small regulator at the connection. This allows you to maintain the speed of the hone consistently. Also, a good rubber tarp strap, hooked to the drill, and supported by an engine hoist, allows the up/down movement to be made without so much back pain.

If you like drag racing, support your local track.