Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Hey stealth...where did your post go...was replying to it and it said it was deleted?

11.84...impressive, how you got it set up?

Not sure.... My computer went dead while I was editing it, now its gone. ??

My post was replying to Mikes (Mr P-Body) post. I put your general specs through the Holley website carb selector, and came up with an 870 cfm vacuum secondary carb, or an 850 mechanical carb, both of which seem spot on to me for your car. Mike knows his stuff, and I will generally read with eyes wide open everything he writes. In this case, I think we need to keep in mind that you're not asking for Race Car advice. As I understand it, this is a strong running street car that may see the strip now & then (??). With a tight converter and 3.55 gears, I may tend to stick with a vacuum secondary carb, and the 870 is probably a great choice.

Regarding my car, Its a .040 over 400 / 451 combo, and I run an 830-cfm Race series double pumper. But I also run a 9-1/2 converter and 3.91 gears. It may be a little faster with a bigger carb, but it has real crisp throttle response, and runs great on the street with the 830.

Is that the 830 annual discharge chokeless carb? What is the rest of your build?

No, its a downleg carb (#4788).
As I said above, its a .040 over 400, with a forged 3.75 RB crank cut down to fit the B block. Bottom is studded, running Scat H-beam rods and Iconn forged pistons, 10.5:1. As cast Stealth heads with an RPM intake and the 830 DP. Cam is an Engle solid-lifter custom grind that Moparts member Jeff Patterson helped spec. It runs 1-7/8" headers and is sparked by an MSD Digital 6-plus box firing a Mallory Mag-Pickup distributor. Based on weight & MPH, calculators say I'm getting about 450 hp to the rear wheels, so I figure it makes somewhere north of 500 at the crank.

The rest of it is a 727 with a T/A manual valve body and a Dynamic 9-1/2" converter, custom built for my car by the guys at Lupo. 3.91's out back and 27" 255/60-15's and Calvert split mono's and Cal-Trac bars.

Its a great street car that's a lot of fun to drive, and the best part is that I've done all the work on it myself with hand tools in my garage.

I remember you were running the Stealths, do you remember the specs on the cam?

This is now a full on hi-jack, and I appologize. Cam is a square pattern ground on a 108* cl, 283* running duration, 252* @ .050, .573 lift. Installed straight up, runs at about .018 lash.

Yeah sorry to hijack OP, you're close to me on cam specs and overall combo so I had to ask

Now I need to pin those needles, got to feel that heat
Hear my motor screamin while I'm tearin up the street