Quote:

Unless it's in a climate controlled garage it will collect moisture over time just because of temperature changes. If its milky white I'd change it, if not drive it an hour or two to cook out the water. But remember as the water leaves there will be less in the pan.

If it is milky looking you've waited to long to fix the cause of the water in the oil. If you let a motor, fuel tank or oil barrel sit in a uncontrolled enviorment(SP?), inside or outside, water will condensate on the inside of the metal container, it will even condensate inside of a non metal fuel cell My point is when you let anything sit that has the abiltity to hold fluids water will condensate with the outside air tempertaure changes, stored inside or outside OP, as far as the oil going bad in a container, have you ever seen a "use by" date on any oil? I haven't I have seen enough water condensated inside a 55 gallon drum of diesel oil from sitting that when I went to remove the last 5 gallons of oil it was noticeable differences in the color and thickness I had offered to transport some 55 gallon barrels, 12 of them,to the scrap yard for the oil left in the barrels. Thier barrel pump would not suck the last 5 gallons out of them They ended up with no hazardous waste containers being stored during a Cal OSHA inspection on a trucking company as a favor to the owner, a freind of mine I have had oil that was brand new that ended up with some water in it. It had enough water in it to turn it milky from running a hemi motor on the engine dyno with a faulty head gasket. The dyno operator sugeested heating the oil in a pan on a stove to get it hot enough to make the water evaporate and save the oil for the next time,it was some of the older Kendall GT racing oil, I tried it When I put the 3 gallon cooking pan on the hot plate the oil was very milky looking, as it heated up it started to become clear as the water and oil got hot and seperated, water is heavier than oil, and the water sank to the bottom of the pan When the oil and water got hot enough, above 215 degrees F at 3000 Ft. above sea leval, the water would turn into steam and make great big bubbles rise through the oil and ended up slopping oil all over the place, I was lucky enough to get the hot plate turned off before some of the oil ignited on the burner Be very careful with your experiments is my message

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 02/16/14 05:19 PM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)