Quote:

No Cab, what I was getting at is whether the intake manifold is put on backward.

I've seen this done before, in my youth. A guy put his manifold on backwards and used a holley with a mechanical choke. So now the coil mounting holes that should be at the front near the distributor are in the back on the driver's side.
This guy also had some bracket rigged up for the throttle cable, which was only held down with one bolt, in one of the now incorrectly positioned holes. He had to occasionally pull over and tighten the bolt because his bracket would start to rotate.

If the OP is looking at the manifold backward, he may think that he coil mounting holes are actually holes for the throttle bracket. In this case, the choke well would be on, incorrectly, the driver's side.

The manifold can be put on backward if it has a symmetrical pattern for both the carb hold down holes and the carb bore holes. Depending upon the carburetor, there can be issues with the throttle components hitting the choke well. But, never underestimate the cleverness of a hotrodder to find workarounds.

The way the OP is referring to the "hole", singular, for the bracket, the more I am thinking he has the manifold backward.

But, a PICTURE would tell all.

Robert

I sort of skimmed past this .. .sorry ...

I think I see what the problem the OP thinks he may have ... the alum intake he wants to put on does not have a choke well and since you can put the intake on with either end forward he is THINKING the mount pads for the COIL MOUNT are for the throttle linkage bracket? Maybe the intake he has is one of the many aftermarket intakes with the coil mount on the opposite side of where stock Chrysler manifolds have them ?

Just a guess ???