Wow, thanks everyone for all your help! I still haven't even hooked up with the guy I want to do the work. He's been very busy.

Sheldon:

I remember you telling me about the S-W paint on the car. Overall the car still looks good even with the paint job done in the '80s. However there is some bubbling around the rear wheels as well as a few other issues that need to be addressed that make it necessary to repaint the car. The "museum" I bought the car from removed the rocker moldings and repainted the bottom of the car. So basically the whole bottom is more purple than the top. You wouldn't really notice it because the pink stripes break it up, but once you see it, it's all you see. Or at least it's all I see. And I agree with you and others. Panther Pink is definitely a color shifting paint. It looks reddish in the morning and purplish at night. It never looks pink, more like an electric raspberry color to me. Also, I've had a gas cap painted like 6 times to try to get a color match and nobody has got it to match yet.

Mike:

You know I value your opinions, so thanks for chiming in. I know the quality of the work you do and know it comes from your years of knowledge and your attention to detail.

Doug:

I was very disappointed that Ken didn't make it to Carlisle. I wanted to get our cars together again, well I guess they were never probably together since mine sold months before his was even built, but you know what I mean. Didn't Kori do his car?

All:

Hemmings wanted to do a photo shoot of my car last year but I turned them down as I was not happy with the way my car looked. Hopefully with all the help you guys have given I can get her to where I want it and take them up on their offer. Maybe they'll do another pink stripe car first and I'll lose out, but if it does make it in the magazine I'll let everyone know. Of course there's always a chance for my twice white car, but the way things have gone the last few months I'll never be able to afford that restoration.