Quote:

Quote:

I have an srt8 challenger and my mom has a hemi 300 and i am just amazed how fast they are for a stock vehicle. I remember back when my 68 383 roadrunner was basically stock and this heavier car with smaller engine would eat it alive. every time i drive it i keep saying this thing cant be stock and i was curious is it the head flow they have now or is it the efficiency of new engines] now or is it just a comination of many things

This pretty much sums it up. An engine is only an air pump. Pump MORE air, do it MORE efficiently, you make MORE power. Pretty basic.

Monte

Yup, Technology!
Take a look at the factory G3 heads. Very little short turn and incredible port speed! These factory heads will outperform ALL factory heads off of yesterday!
I will even say they outperform most small block casting that were offered by Mopar, don't know about the big block stuff.
They lack in the transmissions department. They still require a lot of hp to turn. If this new 8 speed ZF trans is as good as they say, 95% efficient, then the MPG gains should be substantial.
I love the New G3. 700 HP from 417 cid and a hydraulic with 11.5 comp. what's not to like. Matt