It is not the same as the one listed from Terry's . . . Terry has double o-ring seal, and utilizes the 1980's up smaller thermostat.

That being said, funny how the 1980's up, used a metal housing that did not leak any where like the aluminum one. Over the years, I have just used sand paper to ensure the aluminum housing was flat, a paper gasket and silicone sealant. Would usually seal ok, but then have slight seapage over time . . . not enough to lose coolant, but enough to make things look yucky.

With unit from Terry's you have a lower housing with o-ring seal, and then upper (where smaller tstat fits) with o-ring seal.

Quote:

Quote:

I have never had a thermostat housing that did not leak !! No matter what I tried ! Some would seap a tiny bit, but there was never a totaly dry unit. That is until I tried this unit from Terry's Auto Lab :

http://www.terrysautolab.com/

Sure it is not cheap, but I DO NOT have a single leak on the car it is installed in !!! I really feel it is worth the $$ . . .

Good luck with yours . . .

Cheers

Mark

Mark

Thanks for the idea but that is what I am removing. Maybe not the "exact" part you mentioned. I want the OEM look for now.