This is great information.

I have a Dodge Dually that pulls a 16' diamond plate car trailer. It does have electric brakes on one axle. It does have a breakaway box. So do I need to get brakes on the other axle? What about the red/white reflective stripes? I didn't think I needed it for that trailer. I do have the brake/turn signal lights that are mounted on the back of the trailer and the three small running lights in between. I actually want to install some lights on the front of the trailers fender flare so I can see if my lights are on the trailer while driving. I heard if you put more lights on a trailer/truck you can get ticketed if one light is burnt out. I do carry inside my truck some flares, fire extinguisher, and triangles. I am going to get my medical card.

My other trailer is a 24' enclosed tag trailer. It was inspected in 2004 accidently. It was in the yard with our semi trailers and misc trailers at work. So the guy inspected it and put a sticker on it.

I don't think I need a CDL since I am not commercial. I do have a chauffers license in Michgan. Is it true that when a sign is posted at 55mph you have to do that limit if pulling a trailer?

Is there anything I am missing? So I need to stop at the weigh station/ports in Iowa? I know sometimes DOT doesn't like when pick up trucks and trailers stop in on weigh stations.