Hi everyone,
My 69 dart has super stock 3000 lb springs, moved into the frame, wheel tubs up to the frame rail, a narrowed 8 3/4 rear housing, with mopar performance shocks that were recommended for use with the springs, and slant 6 torsion bars, and no sway bar. 13.5/30/15 rear MT Streets.Custom made steel stock looking 10 inch wide wheels.
there is about 3/4 or 1 inch of clearance between the tires and the frame and the outer wheel lip. The front part of the wheelwell, has been extended a little.
Now the problem ...
when going around even a short slow corner, the rearv tire on the passenger side rubs on the wheelwell inside near the frame rail.
Nothing rubs at all going straight.
So, if I put big block torsion bars in, and also a factory swaybar, with poly end link bushings, do You think that would cure the problem so the car doesnt lean so much?
Should I try and find longer rear shocks also?
I never even thought about when narrowing the rear housing, that it would move the shock mounts in and possibly mess up the leverage that the stock position provides..in the beginning, this car was not even going to be driven on the street, just the track.
Since now its my only street car...I want to drive it and not worry about the rear tires rubbing.
What size tire is close to what I have, but about an inch narrower and who makes it?
What has everyone else, done after doing these mods and having the same type of problem?
Thanks everyone!
Robert.