Quote:

Does a bonded quarter reduce the value of your car? How well does the bond hold up over time and heat and/or accidents?

Well if I believe the rep that sells the stuff to me, he says you can take two pieces and overlap them 1/4 inch with the adhesive then play tug-o-war with the metal between two frame machines and the metal will tear before the adhesive.
As far as acidents we were told never to use the stuff on frames etc as it will be strong enough to eliminate the crumple zones.
Can't answer as far as heat (or cold for that matter) or value but consider the following.

No gaps between spotwelds, a 100% seal all the way around, no place for moisture to hide between panels.

No laying down on your back trying to mig over your head.
No grinding down spot welds, which not only saves time but $ in discs.
The most heat generated is from grinding the surface to be preped, no welding near flamable stuff or worrying about catching carpets on fire etc.
Other then trying to duplicate the look of a factory spot weld, I see no advantages of welding over the adhesive unless you are good enough to butt (SP?) weld.
Just my but I havn't used the stuff since I left the bodyshop a few years ago, If anything I'm sure theirs alot of improvents since I've used it.