I used Doug's headers on mine. I was originally looking at the less expensive headers as well. But after comparing them all from Summit brand up to TTI, Dougs were the best all around IMO. They have the same really thick, antiwarp phalanges that the TTI's have, and the same thick gauge steel for the pipes, they fit just as well as the the TTI's, which is miles ahead of the cheaper ones, and go above the suspension unlike the cheapies, they dont hang low and hit/scrape the ground, and they cost significantly less than the TTI's. Install was very easy, unlike the cheaper headers. I didnt have to take any of my suspension apart. I have and automatic with power steering and I didn't have to disconnect any of the steering components. The passenger side went in from the bottom with no problems, and the driver side required loosening the motor mount and slightly elevating that side of the motor with a floor jack and a piece of wood that reached up to the pan rail. I also removed both torsion bars for the install. The extra headache saved by not having to undo the suspension, not having to jack up the passenger side of the motor, not having the suspension travel between the pipes, not having to make a single ding anywhere, and not having to disconnect any of the steering components, etc...saved me tons of time. And as an added bonus I can R&R my mini starter without touching the the headers. I dont know about a stock starter because my mini was already installed before the headers.

roe

1971 Plymouth Satellite
408/904 8 3/4 3.23 SG