Quote:

Based on the ideal cycle, the plateau starts to occur in the teens. But this is based on an ideal cycle, not taking into account fuel, operating conditions, etc. But it gives you the general idea that the substantial gains are already realized once you get into the race gas region.

Seems to me a graph with more graduations is needed to prove or disprove your point. It appears to me there are noticeable benefits all the way up to say 15:1. Even after that there are benefits all the way across the scale.

I can only speak from my own experience. I had a combo that was too high on compression for NOS. I also ran it some NA. I swapped out the pistons for dish pistons. Nothing else changed went from 17.5:1 to 14:1. The engine was more forgiving with NOS, but lost all it's might off the starting line NA. So after talking to a guru I started thinning the head gasket. I quit when it reached 14.8:1 as the pistons were showing they were close to the head during operation.

It is easy to make compression with the stroker small blocks. You can go too far. For basic fuels up to 112 I would stay below 14:1. Then it just depends on how well the combustion chamber is and your camshaft.

Leon

Career best 8.02 @ 169 at 3050# and 10" tires small block power.