In the late 1990's, as soon as Crane realized there was one batch of improperly hardened adjusters that had been sent out (both aluminum and ductile iron rockers were involved), a recall was issued immediately to everyone that had purchased them. If we notified a distributor they should have notified their customers. Crane did not have any access to who the distributor's customers were. Some distributors apparently did not notify their customers. This was the most expensive recall in Crane's history. Parts and labor were compensated for. If a hole was "punched" in a rocker tip (ductile iron?), that certainly wouldn't leave much left of the rocker. Crane has never offered stamped steel MOPAR rockers. Crane was not "just entering" Chapter 11, they were completely shut down in a 45 minuter period in February of 2009 by an over-zealous bank officer, with no warning at all. Crane's procedure has been (and is) to request the return of any suspect parts for inspection. If there's an actual quality issue, even on used racing parts, it's addressed. Since you tossed yours, it would appear you did not return them. Regards, Chase The problem went beyond the adjusters...
Crane and then Mopar sold defective rockers, they were not hardened properly and the valve stem would punch a hole into the rocker tip..

I went through a set complained to Mopar they referred it to Crane, who was just entering bankruptcy Chapter 11....
I talked with the Crane engineering chief and he tried to blow it off with the sunshine treatment.. It was known issue that Crane hoped would go away. Very sad a major brand doesn't stand behind their products..

Getting nowhere I chucked the Cranes into the dumpster and upgraded to Harland Sharp, never looked back..

Just my $0.05...