Quote:

Quote:

But I've tried looking at the circuit diagrams when I read other posts on the subject, and that crap confuses me.

Understandable. Think of electricity like water it flows along the wires in the diagram. it has to flow from one side of the battery to the other or it doesn't flow at all. For some people that helps make sense. The wires in the diagram are labeled with something like V3-18DBL* or BLK/W.
V3 is the number so you can trace it to the other end.
18DBL is 18 gauge, dark blue color
* is on wires with a stripe (Tracer) on them. No * means a solid color.
Those marked BLK/W are simply color codes and in this case is a black wire with white tracer stripe.
You get the idea, hope it helps.

That does help. Thanks. Also, if it will help you guys point me in the right direction, I will tell you guys everything I have done, and plan on doing.

Im not really concered with the rear harness or the headlights/side marker lights, dome light, fender mounted turn signals. With the exception of faulty headlight switch that just went on the fritz, it all works fine, even the floor mounted toggle for bright/dim. I'll be changeing the headlight switch out.

Have done:
-2 OEM electric fans from the j/y that run off of a relay and battery power
-heavy guage wire from alt to battery
-Alternator upgrade to 65amp version
-Stereo system with flip out screen/1000watt kenwood amp and 2 12" subs in the trunk, 2 6x9's, 2 6.5"
-Amplifier hooked up to positive side of battery
-installed voltmeter
-Car alarm
-guages(oil pressure, water temp, rpm, voltmeter) set wired into the dimmer switch
-clean di-elect grease all bulkhead connections

Plan to do
-new roller magnum based 408 stroker (currently being built)
-keep pertronix ignition in parts house dizzy
-install electric fuelpump
-install relay for headlights (do I need to since they arent dim after the wire from alternator to battery)
-replace main power wire at bulkhead connection with solid wire straight through.
-get A/C and heat functional
-maybe install power locks on front doors

I think a lot of the wiring under hood is needing replaced. Its old and brittle after years of heat cycling. But most of the rest of the car is still going strong. No issues to speak of. What would you guys recommend?

1971 Plymouth Satellite
408/904 8 3/4 3.23 SG