Quote:

Mine acted just like that for quite a while. It would go down the track straight (pretty much anyway) - then when you backed out of the throttle it would get seriously upset. I thought it was my tires or something - but took a pass on street tires and it still did it. Everything appeared tight and didn't look like anything had moved. I measured it and the rearend was out of square. I'm on leaf springs and it actually ripped the locater hole in the spring pad to move itself out of square. It was off by 1/4".

Once I got it all squared-up it drove fine again.

It won't cost anything to put a tape on it. Have somebody help you measure diagonally from corner to corner, and if it's off it will show up quickly.

I actually had that problem a few years ago. The rear was out so bad it was eating one of the rear tires. I had a friend take it to the Dodge dealership where he works and put it on the machine to straighten it up. Like yours, this one runs thru there straight and smooth as can be. Let off the gas and world war 3 starts. I will check the locator bolts and brackets first, prob just change them all for good measures. They are the "kit" ones on there. When I started this project, it was supposed to just be an 11.90's basic bracket beater. I never meant for it to run this fast..

76' Volare, 5.9 magnum w/Iron heads. New best 10.68 at 123 mph 1/4 mile.