i just read the article.....and two things came to mind right away.
first was......thats an awful lot of work for such a short amount of text.
its a situation where the numbers really are the whole story.

the other is.....and this is something ive preached to cam buyers for years......buy the cam from an engine builder who is well versed in the type of motor/combo you're building. someone who is intimately familiar with it.

many(most?) people think the cam manufacturers are the best place for cam advice.
i would agree that if you're looking for have someone develope some new lobes for you, a cam company is the place for direction and guidance.
but if you are just trying to buy a cam, an engine builder who has done a lot of testing in motors like what you're building is usually going to have a better handle on what should work.
in this case, the Comp cams were straight out of the catalog.
now, i'm a Comp dealer, and i like their stuff, and i sell a lot of them......but......for pretty much any type of Mopar "race" application......what they have in the catalog is not usually what i'm looking for.
and as far as SB Mopar flat tappet solid lifter cams go, i think what they have in the catalog leaves a bit to be desired.
so, in this series of tests, the cam that seemed to work the best came from an experienced Mopar engine builder.....who just so happens to sell cams.
seems logical to me.

a little FYI.....the Lunati cam is actually from a set of old Ultra-Dyne lobes. they are the NF904 series.
shortly after UD closed, Harold was working with Lunati, and several UD grinds found their way into the catalog......thats one of them.

nice little article Keith

68 Satellite, 383 with stock 906’s, 3550lbs, 11.18@123
Dealer for Comp Cams/Indy Heads