Having owned these cars back in late seventies I had brushed trim rings on my 70 Challengers which had 15" ralleys. I have pictures of the cars when new and they were brushed then too.

The trim rings were a problem even way back then. I used to go to the local Dodge dealership to order them new back in 1980. When the parts came in, if the box had the blue and white Chrysler parts logo on them they were correct. If they were the Mopar red, white and blue, they were not. I was told that when they did the 15x6 wheels they made trim rings for them and used the same part number but it left that big gap when installed on a 15x7.

One day I was at the dealer when the factory rep came in. I was having this problem getting the correct trim rings and told him the story. He invited me up to the distribution center in tarrytown NY. I went up and he brought me in the back. Isles and isles of parts (like that last scene in Raiders of the lost ark ). He brought me to the correct BIN and I personnaly picked out the last 8 boxes of true 15x7 trim rings. That was 1981

I haven't seen the right ones since.

1970 Dodge Challenger T/A