Quote:

Slew rate is important and can retard the timing if its bad enough.

That being said, Ive heard the hype of FBO but being the sleptic that I am (as well as my electrical engineering background), I'd need to see so me numbers that back it up. And by numbers, Im not talking about tests run by FBO to sell their products but actual independent test numbers. Also, I could easily figure out the slew rate and any reliability issues if I saw a schematic and a parts list of each box.

Seems like its a heavil;y gaurded secret.

I actually removed the circuit board from an ignition box several months ago. the circuit is pretty elementary. I'd love to compare it to the FBO box to see whats different (if anything)

I agree. Since slew rate is a function of the band width of the amplifier, even with using a discrete pass transistor I don't think it should be a serious issue even at 10,000 RPM. Electronics have come a long way since Chrysler designed the ignition circuit but amps with slew rates adequate to pass even 100,000 pulses per second were common in that era. But you are right, the outboard circuitry would be the limiting factor.
I am a proponent of using capacitive discharge ignitions such as MSD. It will limit the current through the ignition box whether it is orange, chrome, black or aftermarket. I am not endorsing MSD, in fact I have never used one. I have ancient Delta Mark 10s that I built in the 70s and they still work well for me but they have not been made for 25 years. But I am not racing, I just want a reliable ignition. I am also an amateur radio operator and know when an MSD is nearby (or just about any Ford) because my radios go ape with noise.
Just my experiences. I am not an engineer but I do have patents in circuits using op amps so I know enough to get in trouble.
Craig

2014 Ram 1500 Laramie, 73 Cuda
Previous mopars: 62 Valiant, 65 Fury III, 68 Fury III, 72 Satellite, 74 Satellite, 89 Acclaim, 98 Caravan, 2003 Durango
Only previous Non-Mopar: Schwinn Tornado